Denver, CO 80205 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Krista Watzel Photography

I’m not your mother’s photographer…and I mean that in the best way possible! My background in television journalism trained my eye to seek out situations that have created themselves. Posed family portraits are of course part of the package that I offer to all of my clients, but the candid moments that will only happen once are what I strive to capture. And this doesn’t go for just weddings... Whether I am shooting the maternity shots for your first-born child or capturing that same child three years down the road, I want to encapsulate all that makes your stories unique. Your life is more than what I can pose it to be, and that is what I look forward to documenting for you.

My Background… If You’re Curious

where I was a television-reporting intern for about nine months. But one cannot deny the pull of the Rocky Mountains, so after a year and a half away from home I returned to become a regional reporter for a CBS affiliate in Northern Colorado. As it turns out, chasing down sirens and interviewing the grieving was not the life for me.

So to complete my circle, here I am — right back where I was over a decade ago, camera in hand and still a journalist... but for all of life's greatest moments instead.

Tid Bits:

A day that starts with bacon is a good day

My nephew is my favorite model

Come springtime my thumbs are green. Ask to try one of my tomatoes... I'm a sharer!

Coffee is my only vice

I'm a story teller and I'm dying to find out your story!

Follow Krista Watzel Photography on

KatelynnandNickMesstheDress0154copy
AmyandKevinWedding0107copy

62 Reviews for Krista Watzel Photography

April · Married on 05/24/2015

We first ran into Krista at a friend's wedding. I really liked her vibe and that of the second photographer she was working with. Now fast forward 18 months, and while I'm at a bridal show, I gather a multitude of cards for photographers. That evening, in an oddly focused effort, my fiance and I sit down and go through all the websites for all the photographers. Some are quickly ditched, some we are 'meh' about. And then we start going through Krista's website... "Hey? Isn't that the wedding we were at?" And suddenly, there is only one option. And it's Krista.

We meet with her at a local coffee shop (yay local!) and discuss details; and a week or so later, we've booked her for our wedding.

Now... I haven't seen all the pictures yet; just what she's put up on her blog, and what I've seen is perfect. She captured us and our oddities and our odd families perfectly. And like other reviewers have said, she blends in with her camera, you might not notice her, but she is getting all the perfect shots that you are going to treasure forever.

Our photographer was the largest part of our budget; and we didn't hesitate for a second on that decision. It was the right one; Krista was the right one.

Bailey · Married on 12/27/2014

I used Krista's associate, Jen because she was more in our price range. Working with Jen and Krista was such a wonderful experience. Jen is such a blast and she was so helpful day of making sure everything was done on time and we got the pictures we wanted.

Krista is an AMAZING photographer!! She did our engagement and wedding pictures, and they turned out more beautiful than I could have ever asked for! She was invisible the entire night, yet her pictures shows you that she was right in the thick of it the whole time. She is calm, cool, and really fun to work with. Believe me, you won't regret having her as your photographer!

Krista Watzel Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, Canvas, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Canvas, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Krista Watzel Photography 1
    Military Discount
    Thank you for serving and protecting our country! All active military personnel will receive a 10% discount off any wedding package. Just give us a peek at your ID!

• Mark Christopher Consulting (no longer accepting new wedding clients)
    Mark Christopher Consulting (no longer accepting new wedding clients) Wedding Planners

Krista is such a talented photographer. She's friendly, is respectful of timelines, and ensures her clients and the professionals she's working with are truly cared for throughout the day. She is expeditious in her delivery of images, and her work is always great quality.

• The Traveling Photo Booth
    The Traveling Photo Booth Photo Booths

Krista is so great to work with. She tops the list of all our favorites!