KN Custom Sewing, Alterations by Karen Neely

• Pure Bridal
  • Moes Crochet
  • Bridal Connection

3 Reviews for KN Custom Sewing, Alterations by Karen Neely

KN Custom Sewing. was recommended to me by the bridal shop where I purchased my gown because they do not have an in house seamstress, and there were some buttons missing on my gown that the bridal shop was going to pay to have replaced. KN Custom Sewing is in a nice building in downtown Boone, IA. The owner Karen, is a very talented and professional seamstress. She did a wonderful job on my gown, and had the alterations finished with plenty of time before my wedding which was wonderful since we did have a fast turn around from the time we began planning to the wedding date. I would definitely recommend KN Custom Sewing to other brides in need of alterations!

Sent on 11/26/2015
  • User4204580 · 2+ years ago

Perfect!!! They were fast, FABULOUS, and professional!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

3.0
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5

I had a really terrible experience here. I called to make the appointment and was rushed off the phone. I got a bad feeling so I checked around for reviews. I found a bunch that were positive and a few that weren't. The negative reviews had long replies from the owner not only defending herself, but insulting the customer. I went in for the appointment and was greeted nicely at the door but as soon as I had the dress on, she rushed me again and was very cold. She pinned up the dress and it looked really nice, but I asked about price and she told me I'd need to take my dress off before she'd talk to me. I walked back out and she had a breakdown of the price on an order form. I asked her if I needed to decide today and she got visibly upset. She told me I really needed to decide soon and I told her that I'd call by the end of the week. She then asked if I'd be taking the dress with me or leaving it. Excuse me? Taking it! She yanked the pins out and ripped up my order ticket in front of my mom. The price was ok but not good enough to justify acting like that.

Sent on 07/12/2018

• 619 Story St Boone, 50036 See on map
    Location of (KN Custom Sewing, Alterations by Karen Neely)