Kays Jewelers

• Laine Benthall Jewelry Designs, LLC
  • Harry Gaunt Jewelers
  • Tracy Zeller Jewelry

2 Reviews for Kays Jewelers

My fiancé bought my wedding ring from Kays. They treated him great. The only complaint I have is that he told them to make the ring a 4.75 in size and I have complained for a year about it being too big and when he gave me the warranty packet to go get it cleaned the size was written inside it and low-and-behold it is a size 5. That quarter of an inch really makes a difference. They said it will take 6-8 weeks to get resized and the color (white gold) touched up. Because the white gold has started to yellow. I decided I am going to wait until we get the wedding band soldered to the engagement band and engraved to get it resized and recolored. The other complaint would be that he changed the diamonds on the wedding band to blue sapphires and they did not give him the diamonds back. I would have thought they would have given him the diamonds back to be used in something else.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Josie · Married on 09/09/2016

0.4
      0.5

My fiancé bought my engagement ring from them and they failed to disclose the diamond is covered in natural flaws and is rated as an I2 for clarity. They set the diamond too high and did not reinforce it correctly so a prong became bent after me wearing it for a short while. I sent the ring out to be fixed because it was under warranty and it came back exactly the same. The sales associates did not want to send the ring back out and insisted the diamond was safe even though it was poorly set, but I insisted they send it back. Came back worse. Manager has been up reachable the entire time. When I call ahead to make sure the manager is in, I will get there and he has just stepped out. Called customer service twice and got nowhere, called the district manager twice and he hasn't even called me back. Emailed and was told I would have to wait 5 business days to get an answer. It's been a month now and I still have a damaged ring that I now can't stand to even look at without feeling angry and frustrated. I should not feel this way about my engagement ring.

Sent on 06/03/2016

• Fort Wayne See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Kays Jewelers)