Kathleen Hertel Photography

Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Kathleen Hertel Photography

Hello... My name is Kathy and I am a Photoholic and a Travel addict. It's been over too many years since I've had this problem and I don't plan on changing it any time soon.

I've been behind the lens since I was 15. I am both self taught and highly educated in Photography and yet I'm still learning new tricks every day.

I am an Introverted Extrovert meaning I love/hate being the center of attention. Which is why being a photographer fits me so well. My introverted side hides behind the camera while I quietly capture moments around me... Meanwhile, my extroverted side constantly talks to strangers and knows how to make people laugh and feel emotion.

I've had some pretty cool jobs in my life... I've worked at Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. I've been my Universities Mascot, I worked in Event Management and even met some of the members of N'Sync... (sadly not Justin).

I've traveled the world to see and photograph wildlife in it's natural habitat. I've been to all Seven Continents (Antarctica twice) . I've trekked the Inca trail and spent the night at the top of an active volcano in Congo. I've swam with Great Whites, Orca Whales, Humpbacks, Seals, and Dolphins. In 2017, I won my first wildlife photography award and published an article about trekking with gorillas that was read by over 100,000 people! I am constantly doing things I am afraid of because... well because I'm an idiot sometimes.

I am not a pretty in pink and sparkly type girl. I'm a t-shirt and jeans that will most likely get a little muddy. I'm a lover of the outdoors hiking, camping, being by the water or in the woods it doesn't matter. I love a good IPA or craft beer and a red wine is my go to especially with chocolate... I'm goofy and a bit sarcastic and can talk too much...

The most important thing about me is I am Compassionate. I have Compassion for the people I meet, for the job I do, for the wildlife that I am trying to help save, and for our planet.

When I am not photographing weddings I am traveling the world looking for stories of how everyday people are making the world a better place.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Boudoir Shoot (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)

Love and Adventure Photography by Kathleen Hertel should be everyone’s first choice in wedding photography. Kathy is an extremely talented photographer, who is easy to work with, responsive to emails and requests, and just an all around wonderful person. Kathy goes out of her way to give the client exactly what they ask for. My husband and I moved out of state 6 months before our wedding, so Kathy adapted to our stressful schedule by driving to Raleigh, North Carolina to do our engagement shoot and scheduled our walk through the venue a few months early while we were in town. She is masterful behind the camera- we asked her to take creative pictures that captured the emotion of the day and oh my goodness did she deliver. She also got both our engagement and wedding photos to us within 3 weeks of the event!! I can’t put into words what an amazing photographer Kathy is- she’s definitely the one that you want ☺ Oh, and she knows how to bustle your dress if your Mom and Maid of Honor are nowhere to be found!

Profile Picture Alana, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Kathy is the best of the best! There's no other way to put it. She did our engagement photos in April and they turned out phenomenal. I received so many compliments on them! She has such a passion for what she does, and it shows in her work. I wish I could have Kathy photograph every event in my life haha. I can't to see how our wedding photos turn out!!!

Profile Picture Kelli, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

I cannot say enough about Kathleen. When searching for a wedding photographer my husband and I were looking for someone who took more "action" pics with personality. Pics that showed our love for each other. Her work s outstanding!! She did our engagement shots as well as our wedding photos. Her imagination, ideas and connection was like none other. She even made movie posters for us which ass our guests loved. Her "eye" for photography is like nothing I have ever seen. If you want someone fresh and innovative then hire Kathleen. WE were 100% pleased with all her work!!!!

Profile Picture Deborah, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews