San Francisco, CA 94107 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,700
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Junshien International Photographers

Junshien is an international wedding photographer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. In a field crowded by amateurs and professionals alike, Junshien stands out with his ability to create art infused with wonder and beauty. His work takes him all over the United States and to various countries around the world, including Mexico, the UK, France, the Dominican Republic, Korea, and Singapore.

Although most of his client work involves weddings, he also enjoys photographing children and babies, bands, special events, and anything else that allows him to bring out beauty in the ordinary.

Since 2006, Junshien has been mentored by award-winning photographer Scott Robert Lim. He has also studied under some of the best photographers in the industry, including Yervant, Joe Buissink, Jesh de Rox, and Jerry Ghionis.

For more information on Junshien and to see his latest work, go to his blog.

Follow Junshien International Photographers on

christinedan 11020

• Real Weddings 29

19 Reviews for Junshien International Photographers

Hodaka · Married on 06/05/2010

Let me start by saying this: Junshien is one of the best photographers I know. Not just wedding photographers, he is one of the best photographers, period. And to restrict him to that one profession is actually unfair.

I say all this not because we chose him to be our wedding photographer, but because of the way he conducts himself on a daily basis and how his work is his life and his life is his work.

We first spoke to Junshien over the phone to discuss our wedding package. We had a vision for how we wanted our wedding photos to look and Junshien fulfilled that vision perfectly. Without going into too much detail—since you can peruse his portfolio on his (very good) website—we felt that Junshien’s style told a story, each photo induced an emotion, and basically made his subjects shine like stars.

After a disappointing engagement shoot by a photographer we hired prior to Junshien, we had let the first photographer go and unfortunately (but totally appropriate), we lost our deposit with that photographer. So our tight budget became even more tight. Over the phone, Junshien empathized with our situation and immediately proposed a financial solution that made hiring him a reality. We were very happy with his flexibility.
    Upon officially engaging him as our wedding photographer, Junshien sent a detailed to-do list on how to prepare for the engagement photo shoot. It was basically the do’s and don’ts of how look the best under the lens like exaggerating make-up and getting lots of rest the night before the shoot so we don’t look like zombies. It was this attention to detail by our photographer we were looking for from the beginning.

Our engagement shoot was in Sonoma, CA. We met in the popular town square area on a perfectly sunny day in early spring. While Junshien did use a few landmarks as the backdrop, the majority of the photos were taken where interesting angles, colors, and shapes existed such as random alleyways or an open grassy area (in which everyone’s shoes, including my wife’s heels, sunk into the wet mud) that lead to a deserted house. Yes, I understand that this is typical of a photographer, but given our experience with our first photographer, we really appreciated Junshien’s artistic approach.

Not only this, but Junshien’s direction during the photo shoot was exemplary. He instructed us on exactly how he wanted us to stand, hold our hands, cross our arms, lean, laugh, smile, look important, and be romantic. (Junshien did make a point of how much I sucked at all of it during the wedding, all joking of course…and he’s right, I’m not a natural, but boy did he do a good job of hiding my deficiencies at becoming America’s Next Top Model).

At the end of the day, Junshien provided everything we were looking for. He was friendly, pleasant, professional, efficient, flexible, responsive, and most importantly, he produced some stunning images, which became available fairly quickly. He is passionate about his work—he loves what he does—and it shows. What more can you ask for from your photographer? We have gotten countless compliments on how great his photos look and the only thing we can take credit for is that we chose him.

Out of all the vendors we used for our wedding, Junshien is one of the few that we could genuinely call a friend. He is awesome, he is great. Hire him, you won’t regret it.

Sent on 03/01/2011

Eda · Married on 11/21/2009

We absolutely love Junshien's work. While looking for wedding photographers for our wedding, we browsed through many different wedding photographer's site. We immediately noticed how different Junshien's work is. Looking through his pictures, we didn't see the same pose again and again on different couples. There was a freshness in all his photo shoots. Our first meeting with him was great too. He was very easy to talk to, and we were very much at ease with him very quickly. Taking pictures with him felt very natural. On the day of our wedding, he was there through out all the important moments, but yet without being intrusive. We would recommend Junshien to any of our family and friends who are getting married.

Sent on 06/07/2010
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/24/2009

Junshien is an Amazing Photographer! He's a spectacular Artist, and anyone who gets to work with him is far too lucky! I truly lucked-out when I was able to pull Junshien from his busy schedule to do my Wedding. Junshien was extremely flexible with my last minute Wedding and my very limited time to take photos. I had 400 people come to my Wedding and my husband and I went with five bridesmaids and five groomsmen. The Wedding was hectic, but Junshien made all the photos look so beautiful and so amazing. I am so happy with his work, I know I could not have gotten anything half as good with another photographer. After I saw how hard Junshien worked for my happiness, Junshien is now my brother, not someone I just hired. I will be eternally grateful to Junshien and his beautiful work.

Sent on 06/09/2010

Award

Junshien International Photographers FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Negatives
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Negatives
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Video, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

• Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair
    Skyla Arts Makeup & Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

Junshien and his team of International Photographers really pull out all their stops for each of their clients. From the clients that also hired me for as their vendor, they shared with me that they picked Junshien because of the vibrant colors of his photography that also captures the "moments." Looking through our client's wedding photos, I felt the emotions of the clients come through the images' color & composition and honestly I felt a bit teary when I first saw the photos of my client. Junshien and his team make sure to highlight the personalities of the client, and also what is unique about each ceremony and reception. All weddings are unique, and Junshien makes sure to customize the story-telling that speaks to the couple's relationship. Junshien is easy to work with, and easy to talk to. He is passionate about his craft - I definitely highly recommend his services for your photography needs!

• The Gardens at Heather Farm
    The Gardens at Heather Farm Park & Outdoor Weddings

Absolutely beautiful photography! Very professional.

• Professional Makeup Artistry
    Professional Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

"Junshien stunning photography takes my breath away... He's also such a sweet person" -- Maria Chang of PMA