About Julius Bridal

Custom-made dresses at off-the-rack prices
The business was started in an apartment in Jackson Heights, Queens, New York in 2004. Since we lived in a small one-bedroom apartment, we tried to reclaim our closet space by selling off unused items. My wife’s wedding dress was one of those items. It was a simple floor length ball gown that we paid no more than $100 back in Hong Kong. We thought we could sell it on eBay for around $50. To our surprise, we sold the dress for $150!

Obviously, it caught our attention. Buying wedding gowns online was a new trend in the bridal industry, so we became interested in doing just that. We started to do some research and realized that it was difficult to find high quality wedding dresses at a reasonable price. The dresses were either over-priced or they were inferior in quality. We also saw that the high alteration cost after purchasing the wedding dress. So, we set out to start a bridal apparel business to sell custom-sized high-quality wedding dresses at reasonable prices.

We started to experience with several different production studios. We contacted several studios that generate the most eBay dress sales. We found that the top eBay dressmakers did not produce gowns that met our expectations. Through some tough trials and errors, we finally narrowed down to a couple of production studios in China that were able to produce good quality dresses that we could sell at fair prices.

We then purchased used dresses by big designers’ labels and studied their production techniques. We passed on the knowledge to our production teams. The end result is high-quality dresses at reasonable prices since we sell our own line directly to the public. At the beginning, we did mostly inspired versions of other designers’ styles. Recently, however, we moved toward designing our own styles.

Presently, we sell directly to our customers at our new store in Long Island NY as well as on our online store. We also act as the production house for other designers' labels located in the US.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Regions serviced: New York City

33 Reviews for Julius Bridal

3.9

I love Julius Bridal!!! I can't even tell you how amazing my wedding dress came out to be-- they custom made the dress just for me and it fit me like a glove. We were married on the beach-- and the pictures look stunning, especially with the gorgeous lace Spanish veil. Not only was the dress GORGEOUS, it was also so affordable! So affordable that I was able to buy a 2nd dress to change in to =) You guys were wonderful, and I have recommended you to everyone I know! If you are looking for a custom made dress that will fit you like a glove at an affordable price- definitely go to Julius Bridal!!

Profile Picture Maegan, 10/18/14, 1 Review
0.0

I ordered my dress from Julius Bridal. At first they were great and very helpful with ordering and taking my money. Then when it came time for me to get the dress it was no where to be found. After they took my money it was impossible to get a response from them! Lo and behold it was one month before my wedding, and they FINALLY sent me a dress, I took it home, and IT WAS THE WRONG ONE! I sent it back, they got it, and NEVER refunded my money. I had to go to Davids Bridal to get a dress because I never got mine that I ordered from Julius! My wedding never lived up to my expectations because I had to settle for another dress a month out from my wedding. It was a horrible experience. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Profile Picture Olivia, 4/16/11, 1 Review