171 First Avenue, Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716 Map · Phone number

About Joy & Cake

Beautiful.

Magical.

Inspirational.

We enchant your celebration by touching all your senses with our sweet creations.

Serving cakes, cupcakes and cookies to celebrations in the Metro New York area

vintage
IMG20120914135854

11 Reviews for Joy & Cake

Liz · Married on 06/21/2014

We picked this vendor because we wanted to use as many local businesses as possible and we'd heard good things about Joy & Cake. We couldn't have been happier with the results. Upon hearing that my husband-to-be would prefer a ham sandwich to a piece of cake any day, Elise took on the challenge of making a Ham on Rye cake for the groom. It was delicious! A slice is saved along with the top of the almond cake with apricot filling and lemon buttercream she made for the reception. It was divine. Several guests admitted to sneaking a second piece from a distracted table mate.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding cake was incredible! We had a two tier cake on top of a cupcake tower, and it turned out not only beautiful, but also delicious! Our guests still rave about how great the cake was (we chose blondie cake with caramel buttercream frosting). It was truly the best cake I've ever eaten (I have quite the sweet tooth) and I don't just mean wedding cake! Elyse, the owner, makes an amazing selection of flavors, and it all tastes so fresh! Her prices are very reasonable, in fact she should probably charge more for the quality of service she provides! She even helped me to arrange for a secret, surprise groom's cake (red velvet) that turned out absolutely perfect!
    I would recommend Joy & Cake to a friend, and I have! My mother-in-law recently ordered a cake from Joy & Cake for her birthday party, and it was just as amazing as our wedding cake.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Laura · Married on 09/07/2013

I went to Joy & Cake after searching for a different place since I was not pleased with the responsiveness of the original place I was working with. Elyse was amazing from the beginning. I wanted to sample the flavor that we had in mind and she not only made a few of those samples but several other flavors as well. Once she learned that we liked a savory flavor better, she recommneded we try yet another sample on top of others which was her lemon sage cake. The fact that it took about a week for the flavors to meld before she could bake the cake speaks for itself of her perfection! We loved our sample and went ahead with that for the cake. The people at our wedding were RAVING about the flavors and unique nature and moisture of it. We had 2 people have 4 slices each!

In addition to flavor, Elyse was so great to work on ways to cut pricing down for the cake. She gave me several options which would help reduce pricing which I thought was so nice of her, especially since I was not asking about this and it was just offered.

Our wedding was very small and the cake she made for us was probably her smallest order that week. We were treated though as if we had a wedding for thousands and as if we were her biggest and oldest customer!! It was such a great experience and I look forwrad to using her for any other event.

Sent on 09/13/2013