2804 Keokirk Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23456 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Journeys by Shannon

I am a Travel Consultant for Journeys Travel Inc. specializing in honeymoons, destination weddings, vow renewals, anniversary trips, bachelorette/bachelor trips and family travel.

Member of the Destination Weddings and Honeymoon Specialist Association (DWHSA), Certified Sandals and Beaches Specialist, Certified WeddingMoons Specialist, Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge, Jamaica Specialist, St. Lucia Specialist, Palace PRO Agent, AM Resorts Master Agent, Graduate of Hawaii Specialist Training, WOW Destination Wedding Specialist, Dominican Republic Specialist

I work very closely with my clients to create a customized travel experience. I usually start with a 30 minute phone consultation to get to know you and better understand your travel interests and needs. After our initial conversation, or if you have completed my online planning form, I will start by sending you up to 3 options to review that I feel will be the best match for you based on the information you provide. This part of the process sometimes takes a little back and forth to make sure we have found a destination and resort option that you are 100% excited about visiting! Once we have your travel package booked, I will continue to send you information to help you prepare for your trip and make the most of the destination you are visiting - I will send you recommendations for tours and activities that you can do, destination specific information, pre-book tours if you'd like and more. My job is to help you create your dream travel experience, take the stress out of this process, and help you make the most of your travel experience through information and preparation. I look forward to helping you plan your destination wedding, honeymoon, or special occasion trip!

For Destination Wedding groups, I not only help you select the best resort and destination for your wedding, but I will negotiate room rates for your group contract to ensure you are getting the best value for you and your guests (if you decide on a traditional group contract), take care of all of the travel arrangements for you and your guests, keep you on track with your wedding planning and act as a liaison between you and the wedding planner with the resort to ensure you are getting all of the information you need, ensure you receive all of the group amenities and benefits you have earned through your group, and make sure everything runs smoothly for your big day!

Schedule a consultation: https://www.shannonmcafeetravel.com/schedule-a-consultation

Follow Journeys by Shannon on

• B & B Travel
  • Travel Pros
  • Take A Break Travel Group
src 00
a1a765fd0d8ff4af journeysbyshannonlogo
Journeys by Shannon
Dreaming of staying in an overwater bungalow for your honeymoon? Now you can in less than 2 hours...
Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia are perfect for honeymoons and romantic getaways.
Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia are perfect for honeymoons and romantic getaways.
eldoradocasita

Journeys by Shannon 5
  • Laken

Laken Widener · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Wonderful!

Shannon McAfee with Journeys Inc. was wonderful. She helped us plan our dream honeymoon. She is very helpful with recommendations. As we were planning a wedding, I was more than happy to allow her to plan the honeymoon! It was a trip we will NEVER forget all thanks to Shannon! We went to Kauai, Hawaii.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Thank you so much, Laken. I truly enjoyed working with you and I'm so glad that your honeymoon was everything you hoped it would be! I look forward to working with you again and best wishes for a wonderful first year of marriage, any many more!

Nora Wright · Married on 12/04/2019

Very professional

Shannon was a pleasure to work with! She had great knowledge of the resort and all it had to offer! She was very timely in her responses and made sure we had everything we needed to travel comfortably!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Thank you, Nora! It was a pleasure working with you. I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience in Jamaica and enjoyed the resort!
  • Rosalia

Rosalia D Bradish · Married on 12/03/2019

Exceptional quality service

Committed and dedicated and strong !
    I had the best vacation
    Of my life!
    Shanon you are incredible with your service!
    I am very happy and satisfied and will devotedly definitely will use your service again!

Journeys by Shannon 6
    Journeys by Shannon 11
    Journeys by Shannon 12
    Sent on 12/09/2019

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Thank you, Rosalia. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and I'm so glad you had an amazing experience while attending the wedding in Jamaica. I look forward to working with you again on future travel!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Journeys by Shannon FAQ

• What types of travel do you specialize in?
    Destination Weddings
    Family Trips
    Group Travel / Tours
    Honeymoons
    Luxury Trips
  • What destinations do you specialize in?
    Caribbean
    Central America
    Hawaii
    Mexico
    North America
  • What travel services do you provide?
    Travel Insurance

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Journeys by Shannon 1
    Complimentary upgrade to private airport transfers!

Receive a complimentary upgrade to private airport transfers (arrival and departure) when you book your honeymoon or destination wedding through me. If you contact me directly through email, my website or by calling me, please mention Wedding Wire to receive this upgrade.

• 2804 Keokirk Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23456 See on map