2804 Keokirk Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23456 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Journeys by Shannon

I am a Travel Consultant for Journeys Travel Inc. specializing in honeymoons, destination weddings, vow renewals, anniversary trips, bachelorette/bachelor trips and family travel.

Member of the Destination Weddings and Honeymoon Specialist Association (DWHSA), Certified Sandals and Beaches Specialist, Certified WeddingMoons Specialist, Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge, Jamaica Specialist, St. Lucia Specialist, Palace PRO Agent, AM Resorts Master Agent, Graduate of Hawaii Specialist Training, WOW Destination Wedding Specialist, Dominican Republic Specialist

I work very closely with my clients to create a customized travel experience. I usually start with a 30 minute phone consultation to get to know you and better understand your travel interests and needs. After our initial conversation, or if you have completed my online planning form, I will start by sending you up to 3 options to review that I feel will be the best match for you based on the information you provide. This part of the process sometimes takes a little back and forth to make sure we have found a destination and resort option that you are 100% excited about visiting! Once we have your travel package booked, I will continue to send you information to help you prepare for your trip and make the most of the destination you are visiting - I will send you recommendations for tours and activities that you can do, destination specific information, pre-book tours if you'd like and more. My job is to help you create your dream travel experience, take the stress out of this process, and help you make the most of your travel experience through information and preparation. I look forward to helping you plan your destination wedding, honeymoon, or special occasion trip!

For Destination Wedding groups, I not only help you select the best resort and destination for your wedding, but I will negotiate room rates for your group contract to ensure you are getting the best value for you and your guests (if you decide on a traditional group contract), take care of all of the travel arrangements for you and your guests, keep you on track with your wedding planning and act as a liaison between you and the wedding planner with the resort to ensure you are getting all of the information you need, ensure you receive all of the group amenities and benefits you have earned through your group, and make sure everything runs smoothly for your big day!

Schedule a consultation: https://www.shannonmcafeetravel.com/schedule-a-consultation

Follow Journeys by Shannon on

src 00
a1a765fd0d8ff4af journeysbyshannonlogo
Journeys by Shannon
Dreaming of staying in an overwater bungalow for your honeymoon? Now you can in less than 2 hours...
Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia are perfect for honeymoons and romantic getaways.
Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia are perfect for honeymoons and romantic getaways.
eldoradocasita

Journeys by Shannon 7
  • Laken

Laken Widener · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Wonderful!

Shannon McAfee with Journeys Inc. was wonderful. She helped us plan our dream honeymoon. She is very helpful with recommendations. As we were planning a wedding, I was more than happy to allow her to plan the honeymoon! It was a trip we will NEVER forget all thanks to Shannon! We went to Kauai, Hawaii.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Thank you so much, Laken. I truly enjoyed working with you and I'm so glad that your honeymoon was everything you hoped it would be! I look forward to working with you again and best wishes for a wonderful first year of marriage, any many more!
  • W

Wendy Osborne · Married on 08/23/2019

The entire experience was perfect.

I was blown away by the accommodations and the service, the while experience was seamless, the staff had excellent customer service skills.

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Journeys by Shannon 8

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Hi Wendy - I'm so glad you had a great experience! I hope I have the opportunity to work with you again on future travel.

Alisha S. · Married on 08/22/2019

Vow Renewal Wow!

I recently worked with Shannon McAfee of Journeys, Inc and I just have to say WOW! Shannon was absolutely amazing in helping me plan my vow renewal. I wasn’t sure what I wanted and I’m definitely not the vacation planning type and Shannon made it painless! Shannon was able to give me ideas of locations and sort through all the options. Shannon even provided us with a webpage that my guests could easily access. Shannon truly made this trip pain free. I can’t thank Shannon and Journey Inc enough for making this an unforgettable memory! The cherry on top was a personalized letter from Shannon in our suite when we arrived. I will be using Shannon for all my future trips! Thank you again Shannon and Journeys Inc!!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Journeys by Shannon's reply:

Hi Alisha - thank you so much and it was a pleasure working with you. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience for your vow renewal and look forward to working with you again!

Journeys by Shannon FAQ

• What types of travel do you specialize in? Destination Weddings, Family Trips, Group Travel / Tours, Honeymoons, Luxury Trips
  • What destinations do you specialize in? Caribbean, Central America, Hawaii, Mexico, North America
  • What travel services do you provide? Travel Insurance

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Journeys by Shannon 1
    Complimentary upgrade to private airport transfers!

Receive a complimentary upgrade to private airport transfers (arrival and departure) when you book your honeymoon or destination wedding through me. If you contact me directly through email, my website or by calling me, please mention Wedding Wire to receive this upgrade.

• 2804 Keokirk Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23456 See on map