Santa Barbara, CA 93190 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 32
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Joelle Charming

Joelle Charming, formerly known as A Charming Occasion, is a bespoke wedding planning and design boutique based in Santa Barbara and serving all of Southern and Central California. It is my passion to create memorable and beautiful celebrations that are delightfully, and charmingly, you! In the five seasons that I’ve been planning, designing, and coordinating weddings, I’ve had the opportunity to work with some of the best vendors in Southern California – resulting in a reputation for beautiful and authentic weddings and events.

My work has been featured on a variety of prestigious sites, including Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, and Wedding Chicks. I have also contributed to both Huffington Post and Every Last Detail, and I was invited to participate in the CREAM event in Los Angeles in the spring of 2014.

I don’t believe that a wedding should be anything other than a reflection of the couple getting married, and no two weddings are the same! I delight in the details that add that personal touch, from hand-stitched handkerchiefs to family-style receptions. Intimate relationships with all of my clients are a priority for me, and I love getting to know each and every one of my brides and grooms.

Contact me for more information about your wedding! Services include Month Of Coordination, Full Service Planning & Production, Venue Scouting, Design & Styling, and Wedding Consultation.

Follow Joelle Charming on

10686983732733066782084495671368375442711n 1
  • Videos 3

27 Reviews for Joelle Charming

Bridget · Married on 10/10/2015

When it came to planning my wedding, my Type A personality took over and I knew I wanted to spearhead the entire thing. Although that was a slightly crazy decision on my part, thankfully my venue (Santa Barbara's Belmond El Encanto) required I have an event coordinator for the wedding weekend. I asked the hotel's on-site catering manager, my main hotel contact for the wedding, for recommendations and I chose Joelle after spending a few minutes on her website. Two of her favorite things are burgers and champagne--a girl after my own heart. I sent her an e-mail at 9pm, she responded immediately, and after a few exchanges I hired her before I turned out the light and went to sleep. Best decision ever.

The agreement for hiring her for month of coordination meant that she was available as a consultant during the planning stages, then was my go-to person in the last few weeks of prep, and was a constant during the big event. While there were times I wished I had hired her full-time because, let's face it, wedding planning is overwhelming and a full time job on it's own, I couldn't have been happier with the services Joelle provided. She knows the Santa Barbara wedding scene inside and out, so when I asked for recommendations on florists, hair/make-up, DJ, vendors, etc etc, she always steered me in the right direction. Her return e-mails were prompt and when I got really neurotic about things, she patiently sat on the phone while I talked through the tiniest details for entirely too long. She stayed in touch with all of my vendors to make sure deliveries and pick-ups were on time, and she even saved me money when our furniture vendor tried to charge me for damage to a coffee table. She luckily saw the damage when the table was delivered the morning of the wedding and took a picture of it to show the vendor.

My wedding went of without a hitch thanks to our partnership. I will forever be grateful to her and her team for helping making my dream wedding come true!

Cristina · Married on 07/10/2015

Joelle was an amazing wedding coordinator.
    We hired her for the month of coordination, but she was very helpful since that first phone call we had. When my now husband told me: "hire her now!" and we did. It was definitely the best decision. I felt very relived after our conversation, she really put me at ease. After that, her guidance made this wedding as beautiful as it was.
    Once we reached the month before the wedding she took care of everything. All I had to do was share my vision for the wedding with her, and she made sure all the details were in place.

The day of the wedding, I was more nervous than I thought I would be, but Joelle and her team made everything happen so smoothly, it was amazing! I had a lot of fun in my own wedding, which I kept hearing it's very rare, because you are so worried about all the details. Well, with Joelle's team taking care of everything, it was easy for us to enjoy our special day.
    They even decorated our room at the end of the night! It was the best welcome and a complete surprise! The flowers, gifts, personal items...everything was in the room, and the rest was packed for us to take at the reception desk, again, everything under control :-)

We got many compliments on how much fun people had at our wedding, and on how everything was so beautiful. Joelle was a huge part of making this day the best of our lives: from putting me in contact with the best vendors, to organizing everything a month prior and on the big day.

If you want somebody to guide you through the process while keeping your wedding the way you imagined it, Joelle is your girl!

Corinne · Married on 05/16/2015

There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about Joelle and her team. We hired Joelle as our day of Wedding Planner, but from the start she was like our wedding planner for the entire time. She was there for any questions, concerns, my freak outs, for everything. I probably contacted her a million times, and without hesitation she answered every question and kept me at ease.
    The day of went perfectly (and a lot of brides can't say that). I owe this to Joelle and her team. They saw my vision and made the wedding of my dreams come true. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our choice in wedding planner.
    I would highly recommend Joelle Charming to anyone planning a wedding.

Joelle Charming Pricing