Pittsburgh, PA 15220 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Joanne Bartone, Photographer

As your photographer I am an extension of you; I am your eyes. I see your laughter, your tears of joy, and your love. I am a witness to your life.

It is really quite simple; I want you to select me as your photographer not just because we are connected through my images, but because we are connected as people too. If we connect in this way, you will readily share with me your important moments because you know you can trust me. Through this connection and with our mutual trust, it becomes my privilege to offer my creative gifts to you so your moments can live on forever through my imagery. It's a beautiful circle, just like life. I love this aspect of my work and hope you will too.

Always INSPIRED by love, no matter how it presents itself, I am so fortunate that I get to see and create for you while living my own dream - I LOVE my clients because of this and know that I am blessed with riches beyond belief because of YOU. Thank you for selecting me as your photographer.

BIG love, Joanne Bartone, Photographer | www.joannebartone.com | tele: 412.418.8075

BELOW ARE THOUGHTFUL WORDS FROM MY MANY FRIENDS WHO'VE CONNECTED WITH AND TRUSTED IN ME FROM 2003 TO PRESENT:

"Joanne, you are truly amazing! You are the model from which all photographers should be made. Your photographs are beautiful, unique and artistic and you are the consummate professional. It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us on such an important day and I will always treasure the photographs you so skillfully captured and shaped into beautiful memories!"
- Emma Byrne & John Rooney

"What a surprise to go to your blog and see these GORGEOUS pictures !!! As soon as the first one popped on the screen, my eyes filled up with tears. Marissa looks ethereal, ----just like the angel that she really is. You captured their joy and their immense love. We are so happy to see these pictures!! We had a glorious day. To anyone reading this, ---- if you need a photographer, you just found her! Joanne is a delightful woman with a warm and tender heart and a lovely spirit. She is so talented and she makes it a point to just melt into the background. You will be pleased beyond all your hopes."
- Lots of love, Michele (mother of the bride)

"You are every bride's dream come true! Brandon and I could not be more pleased, astonished, and blessed all at the same time to have found you, not only as our photographer, but now as our friend. Not only did you shoot the most breathtaking pictures, but you have remained in our lives as a constant since our wedding day. We have the album that everyone wants! The pictures are all so creatively assembled and your color choices and artistic sense were essentially magnified throughout the entire design. We trusted you and there was a good reason; no one can do what you do! You have such a keen eye for beauty and "love stories." You captured our love story and we know that you will be here with us throughout our lives! Thank you for your warmth, comfort, and passion! We love you!"
- Maria & Brandon R.

"Hi, Joanne!
We're back from Puerto Rico. You were so right about Dragonfly. We had an amazing meal there, perhaps our best of the trip. Duck nachos - who woulda thought they'd be so tasty?!! And, those sushi rolls! And, mojitos! Thanks so much for the recommendation. And, of course, thanks for spending the big day with us. I'm usually (honestly!) a pretty calm, cool, and collected person, but clearly wasn't on the wedding day. It was so great having you and Michelle (MOH) there by my side all day, making sure I ate enough and that everything was on straight. As I think we may have told you, you were the only photographer we interviewed. We didn't interview anyone else b/c we felt so strongly that you were the best - and right for us. You caught some really special moments that we will cherish for years to come! So, thanks again!!"
- Ronna & Richard B.

"Joanne was an absolute joy to work with! With all of the stress a big wedding brings, it was nice to know I did not have to worry about my photographer or the images she would provide. Joanne is a calming presence/photagrapher/wedding planner all rolled into one little energetic package! Not only was she wonderful to have around on the big day, but she constantly kept me updated on the status of my pictures. If you want boring, all-posed pictures, don't go to Joanne. But, if you want to be absolutely dazzled by gorgeous, thoughtful, artistic images, Joanne is the photographer for you!!!!"
- Katie & Tripp M.

"Joanne's style is next to none. . . Her personality is as warm as the pictures she takes. . . If you are looking for just a photographer, Joanne is not the person for you. . . If you are looking for a friend that will take unique and wonderful pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your life, look no further."
- Heather & Jeremy G.

"Wedding days fly by; however, it's the photographs that captivate memories. Joanne has an artful way of capturing timeless moments that Joe and I will cherish for the rest of our lives. Having Joanne as our photographer was by far the best decision we made for our wedding!"
- Maria & Joe P.

"Joanne's sensitivity to every emotion that the bride, groom and families are experiencing and her love for her craft cannot be equaled. We thank her for the beautiful memories she has given us, which will outlive our fading memories of the most special day of our lives, our one and only daughter's wedding."
- Mr. & Mrs. K.

"Joanne is an amazing photographer! She truly captures all the beauty, excitement, and emotions of your entire wedding day. Our pictures tell a story of our wonderful day and it is priceless to have those memories forever. We absolutely enjoyed working with Joanne."
- Nikki & Chris S.

"Joanne is just absolutely the best. Her work speaks for itself. She ROCKS!!"
- Koren & Adam B.

"Joanne, Matt and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart. Being a bride who knew exactly what she wanted, I had extremely high expectations from my photographer, and you blew them out of the water! Our wedding pictures are beyond my wildest expectations. The day Matt and I saw our photo album you created was better than I remembered the actual wedding. I realized that I missed a lot of the action being the bride and you were able to create the actual story of my wedding. Thank you so much for exceeding our expectations and giving us the memories to share with our friends and family that will last a lifetime. Choosing you to be a part of our wedding was the best decision I ever made, besides marring Matt!"
- Hanna & Matt T.

"Joanne has our highest recommendation. She is extremely talented, professional and kind. Just the person you want photographing your wedding! Her pictures will blow you away!"
- Ashley & Matt G.

"When we started planning our wedding, we knew we wanted a top-notch photographer, but what you gave us was even beyond our expectations. Your artistic treatment of our wedding was beyond belief! The book you put together for us was perfect; a narrative told with stunning photographs and beautifully bound. You truly captured the emotion and energy of our wedding in your images - they take us right back to the moment of our wedding day. Thank you so much for all of your hard work. We very much appreciated not only your aesthetic skills, but also the fact that you were always easy to contact and real pleasure to do business with. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!"
- Trina & Dan Z.

"Joanne Bartone is an outstanding photographer, a talented artist and extremely professional. She was a delight to work with and captured all the beautiful moments of our special day. We highly recommend her for all your photography needs."
- Heidi & Marc R.

"What can I say? Really, words can't possibly describe how amazing you are. I have not even seen the pictures yet, but I know they are going to be great! My guests asked me this morning how I found you. They said that you were wonderful and that you were moving around getting different shots and that they could not wait to see the photos. You are such a joy to be around and your calm demeanor is exactly what a couple needs on their wedding day. I can't wait to have you photograph our little "pinkies" some day! I am so glad that Chris and I have you to photograph our memories for the rest of our lives."
- With Love, Heather & Chris S.

"My Goodness Joanne I had been hearing of your beautiful work for over a year now and I want to send my thank you for your professionalism in how this transpired...I hardly knew you were there snapping the camera. You were wonderful and your enthusiasm for your beautiful work helped make it all even more special for Heather. She is so so excited and so loved working with you. As she once told me...'Joanne does not miss a beat!' So in closing, thank you so much!"
- Heather's mom!

"Joanne is AWESOME! I was thrilled to have such a wonderful photographer and person as part of our special day."
- Laura & Eric V.

"Joanne, Wow! Wow! Wow! Where to even begin? Colin and I are so thrilled and amazed with your work. You went way beyond the call of duty. I often catch myself re-watching and re-watching the slide show. I tend to slip very easily into a daze where I feel like I am experiencing the most wonderful day of our lives all over again. We have you to thank for these amazing and lasting memories that we will share with generations to come. We cannot begin to tell you how much we appreciate your attention to detail, your wonderful personality and spirit, and all the timeless pictures you have given us. We feel so fortunate to have had you capture this most memorable day. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into making these pictures truly remarkable. We knew our wedding pictures would be priceless, but we didn't realize how you would capture all these little moments and allow us, our family and friends, to cherish this day and be so touched again by the whole experience. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts--no words can describe how much we appreciate your amazing talent."
- With greatest appreciation, Kathleen & Colin G.

"Joanne Bartone has been a wonderful photographer to work with. Her professional approach to well outlined details of what you are getting for what you are purchasing makes for an uncomplicated business relationship.As a genuine, caring person, and artist, Joanne devoted herself to the job of capturing the uniqueness of the day and the specialness of the wedding couple with their family and friends. She could see the potential of situations, lighting and individuals and quickly grab incredible photos of fleeting moments before they were gone. She is truly an amazing, masterful, artist."
- Kathleen's mom.

"We love the slideshow!!!! The pictures are beautiful and we are so excited to see the rest! You did an amazing job...as we knew you would! We can't thank you enough for giving us such beautiful documentation of our wedding!!!"
- Kate & Jay V.

"We just had a chance to go through the pictures with my parents and sister, and we are absolutely ecstatic with your work. I cannot tell you how far you have exceeded any of our expectations. You managed to capture every important moment and feeling in a far more beautiful way than we could have ever imagined. It means so much to have these visible reminders that we will be able to go back to for the rest of our lives and to feel many of the same emotions that were there on this amazing day in our lives. I think the thing that is most special about what you have done is to capture all of the elements of the day in an entirely natural way. The fact that you kept such a low profile throughout the day meant that we were all able to be ourselves and just enjoy the day to fullest extent."
- Thank you again for everything, Bethany & Jonathan C.

"Dear Joanne, Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding photos. Dan and I were very impressed with your professionalism, kindness, and unobtrusive style throughout the entire day. We were dying to see the photos the whole time we were in Hawaii. When we got back, we were amazed by your work and couldn't have been happier. I'm so glad Mike recommended you to us. You are an amazing photographer! Thank you so much for capturing our memories."
- Love, Julie & Dan G.

"Hello Joanne, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, the pictures are great! Bob and I looked at them last night; they really are beautiful. Some of the ones of Julie in her home by herself made me cry. They will return from Hawaii on July 5th, Julie's 27th birthday is July 6th and they are coming to my home to celebrate with an Italian dinner and to view all the pictures; I am sure they are anxious to see them. They will be sooo pleased. It will be hard to pick pictures for the albums because they are all excellent. I must repeat myself by telling you what a pleasure it was to have such a professional person with us all day, yet you are so warm, and made us all feel at ease and comfortable. Mike truly is blessed to have such a great friend in you. Thanks again for everything."
- All my best, Donna P. (Julie's mom)

"There are plenty of decisions to agonize over when planning a wedding, so make your choice in photographers easy; Joanne Bartone. Joanne not only provided us with options she has found to be effective in the past but listened to our requests and worked with us to craft a schedule and provide photos to suit us best. She wasn't afraid to suggest ideas for photos and was always willing to indulge both our and our families' desires. We couldn't be happier with our experience and results."
- Sheena & Jonathan H.

"Dear Joanne, Thank you for all your time and hard work. Words cannot describe how excited we are about our wedding pictures. We both agree your talent and creativity are astounding; you truly are an artist! We especially appreciate our wedding story. You just let us celebrate and enjoy our day but somehow still managed to capture every precious moment. The layout, the style, the pictures you chose truly reflects our wedding day as one of the happiest days of our lives. Finally, you were an absolute joy to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved you. Aside from posed shots, we didn't even know you were there! We can't thank you enough. You have given us memories we can touch and cherish for a lifetime. I highly recommend Joanne Bartone! She is a joy to work with as well as an amazing photographer. Her creativity and talent are astounding. Our wedding pictures are beautiful. Joanne was not only able to capture moments but emotion as well (all without our realizing she was there). She truly is an artist! We couldn't be any happier with our choice for our photographer. Once you meet her and see her work in person (even better than on her website if you can believe that) you will see why. Joanne is one of a kind!"
- Kim & Rob M.

"Joanne is a great combination of creative, responsive and accessible. She has very high quality standards and is also adaptable. She took our ideas and did much more with them, exceeding our expectations with some fabulous family and small-group photos."
- Alice G. and family

"Dear Joanne, Our wedding photos are phenomenal! Your creativity...unbelievable; personality...fantastic; your professionalism...superb; your style...one-of-a-kind; your love for your brides and grooms...unmatched; your care and concern for every detail...as high as ours; and your final work...gorgeous! Choosing a photographer held the most importance for us in our wedding planning, because to us, pictures are irreplaceable memories. Finding you was a blessing. We put our trust in you and you fulfilled every request and promise in a fun and enjoyable way. It was clear to us that our day was as special to you as it was to us. Thanks to you Joanne, and your tremendous work, as time goes by and we look at our photos we will be able to remember every detail of our wedding day and think to ourselves, "What a BEAUTIFUL day!"

"Hi Joanne, Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've looked through the pictures and you're right, I DO love them!! Joanne, you are so very talented! There is not a single picture that I didn't like in the hundreds of photos that I saw. All of them captured the spirit of the day, the emotions, the fun... Of the entire wedding planning process, photography meant the most to me. Seeing these images, I cannot imagine anyone else who would have done a better job. I'm so glad I had you on my special day! The photographs far-exceeded my (already high) expectations. I am very proud to say that I had you as my photographer. I can't emphasize enough how fortunate I am to have found you. Thank you, once again, for your brilliant work!"
- Elated, Sylvia & Ethan

"We had great expectations for our wedding photographer and you lived up to every one of them! You were personable and professional, providing just the right mix of involvement and inconspicuousness. It was wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy the day knowing that our memories were in the hands of someone we could trust. Your talent and dedication shine through in your work and we are very excited about the results! We truly enjoyed having you capture the special moments of our wedding day and will treasure the emotions evoked each time we page through the images. Thanks so much for all your hard work."
- Lynette & Jack

"None of the accolades I could offer would do justice for the work you have done! You captured every single moment and I can see the pure emotion of the day in every image. I could never thank you enough for giving me so many beautiful and vivid memories that I never thought were possible to have. You photograph with heart and emotion. You are kind, caring and accommodating and your eye for capturing the "perfect moment" is unparalleled. You are the best!"
- Julie & Keith

"Dear Joanne, When we met you and saw your work, we knew there would be no way we would have to worry about our wedding photography. Our wedding pictures are fantastic! You made getting our pictures taken so relaxing and fun. Most of the time we didn't even realize you were photographing, but you captured everything. Your demeanor and professionalism are top-knotch! Thank you so much Joanne, for the lasting memories that you provided us. Its a day we'll always remember through your photography."
- Paula & Carlos

AND HERE IS WHAT A FEW OF THE OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS IN PITTSBURGH HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ME:

"Joanne is a well educated photographer that has a inviting personality that warms you from inside. I trusted Joanne with my only sister's wedding last year and would highly recommend her to any couple that is looking for distinct talent in the wedding photography market. Her choice of style cannot be imitated nor can it be the same approach twice because its documenting style speaks for itself."
Mike Purvis of Purvis Photo in response to my photographing his sister Julie's wedding

"You are going to LOVE Joanne. She is a terrific wedding photographer and just a peach of person. I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with her work."
Stephen Barry of In-Vision Studios

"I'm so impressed with your ability to hand-hold your camera at slow shutter speeds..."
Heather Lahtinen of Weddings by Heather

Follow Joanne Bartone, Photographer on

4d19d2febf087635 1215025979259 joannebartone 001
4d19d2febf087635 1215025979259 joannebartone 001

5 Reviews for Joanne Bartone, Photographer

amy · Married on 09/11/2009

beautiful pics. loved them all

Sent on 10/25/2009

Traci · Married on 06/21/2008

Joanne was amazing! She knows exactly what she is doing, I never had to worry about a thing. She is so personable and really loves what she does, and it shows in her work! She displayed a photojournalistic and artsy style in the perfect way. She knows how to shoot to accentuate all your posative features and hide the not so flattering ones, which for me was really important! I can't believe how great she made my husband and I look! We have always complained that we never take any good pictures, but we were both so thrilled at how we looked in her photographs! She truely is the best, a must have for any and every wedding! I can't say enough great things about her!!!

Sent on 10/10/2008

Kate · Married on 06/14/2008

Joanne is a bride's dream! Her images are thoughtful and creative, and she is a calming presence on the big day! I am more than completely satisfied with Joanne's services and highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/26/2008

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Joanne Bartone, Photographer FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Joanne Bartone, Photographer 1
    with love, from me to you...
    Gifts! I've got them to give and you'll be on the receiving end of them when you book me as your photographer! What are they, you ask? I've got lots of goodies for you, starting from the photographs I create on your wedding day to the "mementos" you'll receive from me just for being my clients, to the images I will create and give to you throughout your life together. I guarantee you will enjoy my gifts to you long after your wedding because it is my goal to become your photographer for LIFE, not just one day! BIG love, Joanne Bartone, Photographer

• Mary Coburn
    Mary Coburn Wedding Officiants

Joanne Bartone is quite simply one of my most favorite photographers and human beings on this planet! I met Joanne several years ago when we did a wedding together in Massachusetts. I thought then, as I do now, that she is an exceptional person who brings an artist's eye to her work as well as a keen sensitivity to the couple. No pun intended but she is incredibly focused and I remember so well enjoying watching her at work because she is so engaged in what she does.

• Jumpshots.
    Jumpshots. Wedding Photographers

Joanne's vast amount of experience helps her sail through weddings calmly and confidently! She was such a pleasure to work alongside a BIG Indian wedding in Florida. The artistry of her images and albums are intimate and professional. You can count on Joanne to deliver the very best on your special day!

• Calligraphy by Tammy
    Calligraphy by Tammy Wedding Invitations

One look at the stunning photographs from Joanne's exciting pages, and you will be won over. My words simply can't do her work justice, when her incredible photos clearly and artistically speak for themselves! Her attention to detail and her eye for catching things that others may miss, will reflect in the most amazing final photos of your wedding day. One of my favorite photos is one focusing on an elderly woman watching the wedding from the front, likely the grandmother, as she beams and smiles, while watching her darling relative take their vows. The focus is clearly on her and the others, including the wedding party are softly captured in the front. Another photographer may have missed a magical moment like that by focusing only on the usual moments captured at a wedding... but NOT Joanne! Poses captured in unique locations and magical moments in time like no other will make for the most unforgettable photo album. When the big day is over and the groom has carried the bride over the threshold... all that remains are the photos to remember it by. You will want Joanne to be the one artist to capture every uniquely treasured moment!