Dover, Dover, NH 03820 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

I am FULLY BOOKED for 2019 (with the exception of weekday elopements in the NH/So. ME seacoast). I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

2020 Weddings: I am ONLY accepting Elopements in the NH/So. ME/ No. MA seacoast region for 2020 AND I will also WELCOME English/Spanish Bilingual ceremonies.

After a decade of celebrating with so many wonderful couples I am stepping away from weddings for a while. I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant. I am a professional Wedding Celebrant based in Dover, New Hampshire. As an experienced officiant I am well-organized and dedicated to providing personalized service to each of my clients. I am a graduate of the Celebrant Foundation & Institute, trained in the history, creation and presentation of unique wedding ceremonies. A great match for me is a couple seeking an original, memorable ceremony and who are open to a collaborative process. Conducting a rehearsal and communicating with your other ceremony vendors is also a part of my process and essential in ensuring a professional and worry-free ceremony.

Experience
Jo has been a public speaker for over 25 years and began performing ceremonies in 2008. In addition to being a Certified LifeCycle Celebrant, Jo is an Ordained Interfaith Minister of The Universal Brotherhood Movement, allowing her to perform ceremonies in Massachusetts and Maine as well. She also serves as a Justice of the Peace in the state of New Hampshire.
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant, is a long-time ally and advocate of the LGBTQ community and welcomes the opportunity to celebrate with people of diverse ethnic communities and faith traditions. English/Spanish bilingual ceremonies are happily offered.

Follow Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant on

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 3
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 4
  • Jared

Jared Taylor · Married on 07/19/2019

The ceremony was the best part of our wedding

We can't say enough about Jo! She made our wedding day extra special and it was truly our favorite part of our day! We saw her marry our close friends and knew we had to have her for our own wedding. She is extremely kind, genuine, thoughtful, and caring. She takes the time to make sure your ceremony is specific and meaningful to you. She really captured our story and presented it in a special way. We received numerous compliments from our guests regarding our ceremony. Jo is wonderful to work with and very responsive. We are eternally grateful for her and wouldn't have wanted anyone else being such an integral part of our marriage. Thank you Jo!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Melissa & Jared ~ Thank you so much for your kind words. Your love and joy made everyone forget the 90-something degree temps! It was a true pleasure to work with you both and I wish you continued health and happiness. ~ Jo
  • Danielle

Danielle Baier · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Ceremony!!

My cousin recommended Jo to me, their wedding was lovely and I knew we needed her for our wedding!! She is such a great person, attentive to detail, and on top of everything! She was our one vendor who let us know what was needed and when, she kept us in line. Even our other vendors said that Jo was so on top of everything and they appreciated and loved it! Our ceremony was beautiful, she knows what she is doing, she handled all of the little details. From choreography, to readings, and everything in between, it was amazing. She’s also a great person to get to know. Jo forever has a special place in our hearts!! We can’t thank her enough!!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 5

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Danielle & Zach ~ thank you so much for your kind words. All of us who had the pleasure of sharing in your day had such a joyful experience. I wish you both continued love and happiness.

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Bilingual
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? ME, MA, NH
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish

• Borisyuk Photography
    Borisyuk Photography Wedding Photographers

I photographed a wedding that Jo Maden officiated at Longlook Farm in Sanbornton, New Hampshire. It was really wonderful to work with her and I know my clients loved her! Very professional, yet down-to-earth, taking care of all ceremony formalities in a personal way to reflect your traditions.

• Castle in the Clouds
    Castle in the Clouds Historic Weddings

Jo Maden performs the most amazing and heartfelt ceremonies. She really spends the extra time to get to know each couples' background and love story and incorporates this into their ceremony. It's this personal touch that makes each wedding so memorable. It is always a pleasure to have Jo around. We are thrilled to have her as a part of the preferred vendor list at Castle in the Clouds.

• The Red Barn at Outlook Farm
    The Red Barn at Outlook Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Jo is so much fun to work with! Her organization and communication is very helpful for planning purposes. Her genuine relationships with couples keeps them at ease and helps them feel comfortable about the most important part of their wedding day!

• Dover Dover, New Hampshire, 03820 See on map
    603-952-3783 (Phone number)
    Sunday & Monday Office closed* (Sunday events accepted) Tues - Thurs 9 a.m. - 7 pm Fri & Sat Noon - 9 pm