Dover, Dover, NH 03820 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant

I am FULLY BOOKED for 2019 (with the exception of weekday elopements in the NH/So. ME seacoast). I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

2020 Weddings: I am ONLY accepting Elopements in the NH/So. ME/ No. MA seacoast region for 2020 AND I will also WELCOME English/Spanish Bilingual ceremonies.

After a decade of celebrating with so many wonderful couples I am stepping away from weddings for a while. I am happy to refer you to one of my amazing colleagues, please message me with the location of your ceremony so I can refer you to an appropriate match.

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant. I am a professional Wedding Celebrant based in Dover, New Hampshire. As an experienced officiant I am well-organized and dedicated to providing personalized service to each of my clients. I am a graduate of the Celebrant Foundation & Institute, trained in the history, creation and presentation of unique wedding ceremonies. A great match for me is a couple seeking an original, memorable ceremony and who are open to a collaborative process. Conducting a rehearsal and communicating with your other ceremony vendors is also a part of my process and essential in ensuring a professional and worry-free ceremony.

Experience
Jo has been a public speaker for over 25 years and began performing ceremonies in 2008. In addition to being a Certified LifeCycle Celebrant, Jo is an Ordained Interfaith Minister of The Universal Brotherhood Movement, allowing her to perform ceremonies in Massachusetts and Maine as well. She also serves as a Justice of the Peace in the state of New Hampshire.
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant, is a long-time ally and advocate of the LGBTQ community and welcomes the opportunity to celebrate with people of diverse ethnic communities and faith traditions. English/Spanish bilingual ceremonies are happily offered.

Follow Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant on

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 3
Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 4

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Thoughtful, Personal, Talented

We are so lucky that we found Jo to officiate our wedding. From our first conversation and through the entire planning process Jo’s thoughtfulness and organization rang through. Over the months leading up to our wedding through an in-person meeting, calls, and emails she truly got to know us and the ceremony she crafted was a genuine representation of our love story and personalities. Jo brought many ceremony ideas to the table and helped us brainstorm the many directions that our ceremony could go. Ultimately she made sure that together we found a structure, tone and message that we were thrilled with.

Jo’s experience, constant communication, and confidence put us at ease throughout the planning process and her steady hand at rehearsal allowed us to truly relax and enjoy the ceremony because we knew we were in good hands. For two people who do not enjoy being the center of attention this made all the difference in the world on our big day.

That organization and effort clearly paid off as we heard from every guest we spoke to how much they loved the ceremony. Our guests were so impressed that Jo was able to make our ceremony so personal and capture to our story and personalities so accurately. We could not agree with them more, Jo did a fantastic job and we are so happy that she could be a part of our big day.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 12/01/2018

Jo was a huge hit at our wedding!

My husband and I didn't realize just how important the hiring of an officiant is until we started our search. They truly set the entire tone for the wedding. As started doing our research we became a bit overwhelmed as we met with/spoke to a couple that we knew just wouldn't be a good fit for us. When we found Jo, read her reviews we had a good feeling she would be our perfect match. But what really solidified our decision was when I went to meet her with my mom over a "quick" cup of coffee that turned into a half-day date! We instantly clicked. She felt like family to us immediately. The entire process was seamless as she was always one-step ahead, never leaving us waiting or wondering. The day-of could not have gone any better, as she wrote the most beautiful ceremony just for us, and we got SO many compliments on her as an officiant. Everyone had the same feedback- that it was the perfect ceremony in every way. She had a lot in her hands (Our wedding!! Our vows!!) and she truly carried herself with such grace. We wouldn't change a single thing. "Choosing" Jo was the BEST decision! We just adore her!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant 6

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much, Brianna! From our first "half-day date" through your wonderful ceremony it was my pleasure getting to know you and sharing in your joy. Happy 2019 and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Jo Maden, LifeCycle Celebrant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Bilingual
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? ME, MA, NH
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish

• Borisyuk Photography
    Borisyuk Photography Wedding Photographers

I photographed a wedding that Jo Maden officiated at Longlook Farm in Sanbornton, New Hampshire. It was really wonderful to work with her and I know my clients loved her! Very professional, yet down-to-earth, taking care of all ceremony formalities in a personal way to reflect your traditions.

• Castle in the Clouds
    Castle in the Clouds Historic Weddings

Jo Maden performs the most amazing and heartfelt ceremonies. She really spends the extra time to get to know each couples' background and love story and incorporates this into their ceremony. It's this personal touch that makes each wedding so memorable. It is always a pleasure to have Jo around. We are thrilled to have her as a part of the preferred vendor list at Castle in the Clouds.

• The Red Barn at Outlook Farm
    The Red Barn at Outlook Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Jo is so much fun to work with! Her organization and communication is very helpful for planning purposes. Her genuine relationships with couples keeps them at ease and helps them feel comfortable about the most important part of their wedding day!

• Dover Dover, New Hampshire, 03820 See on map
    603-952-3783 (Phone number)
    Sunday & Monday Office closed* (Sunday events accepted) Tues - Thurs 9 a.m. - 7 pm Fri & Sat Noon - 9 pm