327 Lana Lane, Honolulu, HI 96813 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17

About Jiwa Jiwa Press

Jiwa Jiwa Press prides itself in handcrafting quality letterpress paper goods. Our intention is to design and handprint tailored to you wedding invitations and stationery. We mix old school printing techniques with new and modern design.

Our studio is located in the heart of Kaka'ako at Lana Lane Studios, an artist collective, in Honolulu, Hawai'i. When roughly translated in Japanese, Jiwa Jiwa means "slowly, but surely" or "little by little." This has been our little print shop's ongoing mantra.

Follow Jiwa Jiwa Press on

megchase1
22a0abaa2d99b9cd DSC 9316
dsc8688
dsc9265
dsc9274
dsc9316
Jiwa Jiwa Press
thekimunion hawaii wedding letterpress invitation
Jiwa Jiwa Press
thekimunion menu hawaii wedding letterpress invita
thekimunion menu2 hawaii wedding letterpress invit
dsc8688

• Videos 1

4 Reviews for Jiwa Jiwa Press

Lindsay · Married on 06/01/2016

I love to support small businesses. When I heard about Cherish and Jiwa Jiwa from the Wedding Cafe in Ward Village, I couldn't wait to work with her. She specializes in letter press and has her own machine (which you can read about on her website http://www.jiwajiwapress.com/process.html ). From start to finish, working with Cherish was amazing.
    During our consultation, we discussed colors, paper weights, designs, and spoke about the overall feel of what I wanted my wedding to covey. From there, I received an estimate on the cost. Cherish worked within my budget, suggesting things that I wouldn't notice but cut the cost significantly - Like an extra backing on my RSVP cards. Her e-mail responses were less than 24 hours - more like less than an hour, so the pace was up to the bride upon how quickly she can make decisions.
    The product!
    We ordered our envelopes first, because I hand addressed all the addresses (took forever, but worth it). I was super excited when I opened my neat little brown box. Cherish and I met at the Wedding Cafe for the pick-up and she invited me for a cup of coffee. It was so kind of her to stop and chat for a few extra minutes. Especially for a bride planning a wedding - time goes to fast, and stopping to actually get to know Cherish was exactly what I needed.
    Because I was hand addressing and my envelopes had a sheen to them, Cherish suggested that I go to Hawaiian Graphics to look for an ink pen that wouldn't smear. This worked out perfectly!
    A few weeks later, my invitations, insert, and reply cards were ready to be picked up.
    All in All, I was beyond satisfied with my letterpress, Grace Suite Collection. Not only were the products high quality and exactly as I imagined, but Cherish was phenomenal to work with. She knows what she is doing and loves her work. If you like supporting small businesses, female businesses, or just want a quality letterpress product, I recommend Jiwa Jiwa.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Katie · Married on 04/16/2016

My wife and I did our 'homework' before we committed to anyone. Good thing for us, many of the vendors we contacted didn't get back to us for weeks. We can definitely say that their slow responses worked to our advantage because we met Cherish. Cherish got back to us immediately and we could not have been happier. She was so accommodating and so cool! Her shop is in the heart of Kaka'ako and she uses these vintage presses to create all sorts of invitations and cards. She even invited us down to see what the process was like, which was an awesome experience as we felt very involved in the entire process. Cherish made everything very simple and headache-free. We initially met her at the Wedding Cafe, where she showed us many opitons. We selected the colors and styles we liked, and from there we had a few back and forths via email until we were absolutely in love with our stationary. Her responses to emails were nearly immediate, which we appreciated very much. We even had last minute requests that she was able to handle as well. I believe she is the only one on island using the equipment she has, and trust us, it makes for the most unique invitation you'll ever see. They were absolutey flawless.

Thank you Cherish!

-Katie & Danny

Sent on 07/29/2016

Kara · Married on 03/12/2016

I first found out about Jiwa Jiwa Press at the Bridal Expo and fell in love with her sample prints. I always knew I wanted letterpress invitations but knew they were a luxury item and I did a lot of research for options.

1. It was very easy to set up a consultation with Cherish, she was very professional and was mindful of our budget, vision, and timeline
    2. Attention to detail : I really appreciated the extra attention that Cherish spent before she printed the address labels for us. She reviewed all 200 addresses and names for us and caught mistakes that we had inadvertently made
    3. Responsive: She was extremely responsive to all inquiries that we had and was very quick to send out revisions according to our requests.
    4. Above and beyond: I felt like she went above and beyond by printing our invitations so quickly and she helped us achieve our send out date deadline. She even helped us with a last minute request to print out more invitations since we underestimated the amount of invites we would need. I will be forever grateful for the effort she put in to help us in time of panic.
    5. We hadn't finalized the menu until 2 days before the wedding and she whipped out edits and different versions of the menu for us in no time! I thought I could design a menu myself but I'm so glad we asked her to professionally design it because the end product was more than we could have imagined.

Her letterpress craftsmanship adds a really special touch that can’t be simulated with mass production and we received so many compliments on our invitations! I would definitely recommend Jiwa Jiwa Press to anyone who wants gorgeous invitations or special touches at their wedding/party.

Sent on 03/31/2016

Jiwa Jiwa Press FAQ

• What services do you provide? Assembly, Design, Eco-Friendly, Foil-Stamped, In-Person Consultations, Letterpress, Printing, Shipping
  • What is your minimum order requirement? 20