Engagement
Shoot included

About Jim Woolsey Photography

Modern Minnesota Wedding Photography with a background in Photojournalism.

Hello! Thanks for visiting. Congratulations on your engagement! I'm here to capture weddings from a photojournalistic perspective. Overall, it's pretty standard: I want to make you feel comfortable and I want us to have fun. Whether it's an engagement session or your wedding day, if you're having fun in your images, the hardest part is already done :)

Throughout the past few years, I have built some great relationships that go beyond just the wedding day. If you think about it, out of all the vendors and folks you work on your wedding day, your photographer ultimately is there pretty much every step of the way. It's truly one of the main reasons why I love what I do.

A little about me:  I specialize in Minnesota wedding photography and aerial photography and video. For the past 10 years I've captured weddings all over the the state of Midwest, Mexico, Jamaica, etc! I'm a husband, father, sports fan, and also someone who truly has a deep passion for photography and video.. Or as my wife puts it, I am a nerd.

Fair Enough..

At this point of my photography career, I've captured 100+ weddings for couples all across the state of Minnesota and beyond. Prior to weddings, I graduated from SCSU with a Photojournalism degree. Even though I graduated one year ago (actually 11 years ago, same thing), I utilize a lot of what I learned in college, most notably: How to tell a story by just using images.

Telling a story with a series of images is what I do, and it's what I thoroughly enjoy.

Each and every wedding is unique and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to be part of evolution of wedding photography over the past decade; new technology and modern trends have transformed wedding photography into something different. Something new.. Something fresh.

Ok.. So maybe I am a nerd.. I'm content with that.. As long as I get tell stories with my camera, my wife can call me whatever she wants. :)

Thanks for reading and please Direct Message me with any questions you have may have!

Jim | Jim Woolsey Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
Video (1)
Albums (1)

Book Jim today!! His work speaks for itself, but his professionalism, fun personality, and calm nature made our day perfect.

Profile Picture Abby, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jim did an amazing job, starting with engagement photos and ending with the wedding! He’s done multiple friends’ weddings and came highly recommended, now we know why! Not to mention it’s pretty awesome when your photographer has a drone!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/7/17, 1 Review

2 AWARDS

Events

3620 Karner Drive, Shakopee, MN 55379   See On Map
952-913-6962 (phone)
Jim Woolsey Photography is a wedding Photographer from Minneapolis servicing weddings throughout the local area, including MPLS Metro Area, Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin. Jim Woolsey Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the wedding photography wedding industry since 2009 specializing in modern minnesota wedding photography .