6539 College Dr., Milton, FL 32570 Map · Phone number

About Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar

Classical guitarist specializing in outdoor/beach wedding ceremonies, using small, state-of-the-art battery-powered speakers and including a wireless lapel mic for the officiant to make sure that everyone hears the ceremony. I begin playing incidental music for guests about 30 min. before the ceremony begins and often play for some time afterwards as photos are taken or for a cocktail hour or dinner/reception. Also available for full receptions with a full sound system and wide variety of material. Completely self-contained, with all equipment necessary, with decades of experience, I take pride in the quality and integrity of the music and my professionalism and reliability. Also very fluent in a variety of background music styles for rehearsal dinners, restaurants, corporate and private receptions.

Jim Armstrong/Classical Guitar Repertoire

MATERIAL FOR WEDDING CEREMONY
Bridal Chorus (Wagner) - Processional
Canon in D (Pachelbel)
Prelude #1. Op.3 (Boydston)
Prelude in Dm (Bach)
Minuet in G ( " )
Bouree' ( " ) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring ( " ) Air On The G String ( " ) Ave Maria (Schubert) River Flows In You (Yiruma) Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing (Robinson) Ode To Joy (Beethoven) Hymne (Vangelis) Adagio in Gm (Albinoni) Por Ti Mi Corazon (Trad.) Gymnopedie (Satie) Amazing Grace (Walker) Trumpet Voluntary (Jeremiah Clarke) Lagrima (Tarrega) Wedding March (Mendelssohn) - Recessional

The traditional pieces played are : Canon in D (for bridal party entrance, or often for bride's entrance), The Bridal Chorus (for the bride's entrance), and The Wedding March (for the recessional/end of ceremony). Clients are not limited to this list - I welcome special requests.

CLASSICAL GUITAR ARRANGEMENTS (INCIDENTAL MUSIC)
Theme From Romeo & Juliet / At Last / To Make You Feel My Love
Moonlight in Vermont / It Had To Be You / Dear Heart
My Funny Valentine / The Wedding Song / Dust In The Wind
I Can't Help Falling In Love / How Insensitive / The Dance
The Days of Wine & Roses / Begin The Beguine / Unforgettable
There's A Small Hotel / Arthur's Theme / Annie's Song / Europa Have I Told You Lately That I Love You / What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life / Stars Fell On Alabama / The Way You Look Tonight / What A Wonderful World

• Maria Valentina Events

Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar 1
Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar 2
  • Ashley

Ashley Beall · Married on 10/06/2018

Great for ceremony music!!

We loved having a classical guitarist at our ceremony, it really was a perfect day. Jim was professional, on time, and even stayed after the ceremony and kept playing beautiful music. We told him he could leave, but he said he was enjoying the moment and the view and continued to play. We are extremely happy we chose him!! Thanks Jim!!

Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar 3
    Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar 4
    Sent on 03/23/2019

Jayme · Married on 02/24/2018

We were looking for something more unique than a violinist/pianist for our wedding and Jim exceeded all of our expectations! He is so kind and extremely talented. In addition to playing for our ceremony, we had him also play for our guests during cocktail hour as well as an acoustic version of the song I danced to with my father. Everyone was blown away by his beautiful music, which was the perfect touch to add a cool yet classic atmosphere. He was so helpful, responsive and accommodating throughout the months leading up to our wedding, and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. I’d definitely recommend him, no question!!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/26/2017

My husband and I were looking for a classical guitar player for our wedding ceremony and I had a particular song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to. We emailed Jim and he responded immediately. We really appreciated that. We viewed his song list and were very impressed with his long list of songs. He has so many classic songs to choose from! I still had my song in mind and it wasn't on the list. So, I emailed Jim about the possibility of learning my song. He was quick with his response and had listened the song assured me it was something he can do. He did a wonderful job playing my song!! I nearly fell into tears; he played it so beautifully. My guests said all of the songs he played, he played with passion and even they felt the emotion in the air. They loved all of the song choices and arrangements. We loved having Jim at our wedding. He really helped make our day very special. He is very kind, professional and a great performer. You will be in good hands with Jim. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Jim Armstrong-Classical Guitar FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 375.00
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Microphones
    Sample Music
    Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Guitar
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music