Poughkeepsie, NY 12603 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $3,898
Availability Check your date

About Jeremiah Shaffer, Photographer

I love shooting weddings and your wedding is just as important to me as it is to you (ok, maybe not exactly just as important as it is to you but pretty dang close). Being married myself, I know how important these images will be in your life everyday after and it's very exciting for me to walk into your day knowing that at the end, you're going to have great pictures of one of the most special days in your life. Your wedding day is going to pass by so fast that, in the end, it's just going to be one big blur of excitement and happiness (and your face is going to hurt from smiling so much). You're going to spend a lot of time carefully planning every detail about your day. My job is to freeze that day in photographs capturing it just as it happened.

As I shoot throughout the day, I'm always conscious about making images that you are going to want to look at forever. My mission is to make images that you can't wait to hang in your home. I'll do nearly anything to get the picture. I've actually been compared to a ninja at times at weddings, which totally satisfies my inner child. I want to be so unobtrusive that you forget that I'm there because when you know that I'm there, you're more concious about what you're doing and how you're going to look in the photo rather than just enjoying the moment. And when you enjoy the moment and forget that I'm there, that's when the best pictures happen.

My style is not for everyone, and that's ok. But if you really like the images below, then I really want to talk to you! I'd like to learn about your special day and your expecations of me as your photographer. ​

Let's make incredible photographs together!!

Follow Jeremiah Shaffer, Photographer on

Jeremiah Shaffer, Photographer 7
  • Cailin

Cailin · Married on 10/11/2019

Sunrise engagement photos

Jeremiah met with us at sunrise (roughly 6/6:30am that day) to do our engagement shoot--if that is any hint, Jeremiah will go above and beyond for you! We were at ease from the first time we met with him, he was easy to talk to and we felt comfortable right away which was so important to us with finding the right photographer. Jeremiah kept us laughing through the whole engagement shoot, and even though the sun never actually did come out for our sunrise shoot, Jeremiah captured beautiful photos and even spent a little extra time with us to make sure we got plenty of shots in. We would highly recommend him as a photographer and overall wonderful person!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/06/2019

100% recommend

My husband and I spent hours stalking instagram looking for the perfect photographer for our special day. We narrowed it down to two choices however immediately upon meeting Jeremiah we were hooked. He has a unique way of blending nature into his photographs which resonated with us. We couldn't have been more pleased with Jeremiah and Cody on the day of our wedding. They were able to capture our wedding the way we always dreamed of. The photos are beautiful and we will cherish them forever. Jeremiah and Cody also helped put us at ease the day of our wedding and kept everything moving smoothly. We would 100% recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Jay · Married on 10/13/2018

A perfect 10

Jeremiah was top notch from start to finish. He was able to take our visions and see them through. It all started with a 4am wake up call to get the PERFECT shots for our engagement shoot. From there, it was crystal clear communication (something we found refreshing compared to our other vendors), and organization. He kept us on track with periodic check in’s to make sure he had everything he needed to execute our day.

Our wedding day ended up being a challenge, due to weather. Rain and cold made it difficult to strategize photos with each other and with family. Through quick thinking and some effective “herding” techniques, Jeremiah made sure our shot list was fulfilled and we were off to the party.

He and Cody were with us all night, capturing the essence of our reception. They fit right in with the crowd, and were never intrusive. It was all perfect.

When you work with Jeremiah, you are not only gaining a top notch photographer, but a great friend to help you through the process. His pure talent is only exceeded by his cool-headed, down to earth nature. As you go through the wedding planning process, you will find these qualities to be invaluable. Speaking and dealing with Jeremiah throughout our process was, by far, the most enjoyable part of the entire process. A true professional.

Sent on 12/21/2018

• Owl's Eye Studios
    Owl's Eye Studios Wedding Photographers

Jeremiah has a great eye and is a great guy, easy to work with and will do everything to ensure his clients are happy, whenever we are booked for a date, Jeremiah is one of my go to referrals for our clients :)

• Poughkeepsie, New York, 12603 See on map