Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations

Scottsdale, AZ View map

Redesign your gown into your dream dress. You can add/remove sleeves, add/remove beads, add/remove petticoats, add/remove the train, add/remove skirt layers, add/remove front and back yokes, make train removable, add color to your gown. . . so much can be done with redesigning your purchased gown.

Also, Alterations done to the PERFECT fit. I design wedding gowns so I understand how to fit gowns perfectly to any body type. Pricing listed on my website, last page.

Accessories custom-made and ready-made at my studio include: Bridal Lingerie, Custom Veils, Matching Bridal Lace Robes, Custom Garters, Sports Garters, Jewelry, Hair pieces.

ALTERATIONS AND SO MUCH MORE

Michelle A. Married on 06/12/2021

Amazing Alterations!

Janet was incredible with my bridal alterations! She has such a vision for what she does and is so professional. She was recommended by Luv Bridal where I bought my wedding dress and she is the only person a bride/bridesmaid should go for alterations! I tried on the dress and knew a few things that I needed altered but she gave feedback and suggested other alterations that were needed as well. I had my dress length shortened a bit, had to have a bustle made for the dress to pin up for the reception, and then had to tighten the bust area to fit more tightly. Janet's vision and creativity is amazing. My dress had no bustle at all and she went through with my mom and I and showed up the various ways she can create a bustle for my dress. It was nice seeing those options as I wanted to still show off the dress with it bustled. The other area that I really wanted to change in my dress was the neckline. My dress is a strapless sweetheart with a see through chiffon piece in between the sweetheart neckline. I wasn't thrilled with the see through piece and wanted something with depth and design. I had seen another wedding dress with multiple layers in between the sweetheart neckline and was hoping Janet could do something similar. She said she was able to do it and worked with me on how many layers I wanted and worked with me until I loved what I saw. What made this even more special was that my mom gave me her wedding veil to use for this new neckline. I was going to wear her veil but it didn't go with my dress so she wanted me to use it instead on my dress and it worked perfectly with this idea. Janet did an incredible job creating this new neckline and using my mom's veil to do so. On my 3rd appointment with the finished product, I was blown away. The dress looked better than I imagined and truly was one of a kind. Janet also keeps all the pieces of dress that she trims off for alterations that can be used later. She also has lingerie that she sells and she can put the pieces of material on a piece of lingerie or a robe. I had her create my garter for my husband with a piece of my extra dress material and that even turned out amazing. Overall, she was amazing to work with and price wise was very reasonable. I highly recommend her! Thank you Janet!
    Melinda R. Married on 10/13/2019

She didn't finish until it was perfect

I really enjoyed working with Janet. I had bough my wedding dress about 9 month before my wedding, so I was anxious about starting fittings. Janet made the whole process very easy and she was so kind! She made my dream dress even better and added a bit of a customization with removable off the shoulder sleeves. She was very upfront about pricing and the fitting process. Her evening appointments made it easy to schedule fittings around my schedule. Thank you so much Janet!
  • Kayla
    Kayla F. Married on 02/11/2019

Fantastic experience!

My friend recommended Janet and I'm glad she did. It was a pleasure working with Janet on alterations for my wedding dress. I had to get multiple alterations including hemming multiple layers of tulle, adding a petticoat, and altering the shape of my sleeves (made of delicate material and lined with rhinestones). Everything turned out PERFECTLY and beautifully. Dress of my dreams! Janet was super friendly and professional, and was happy to schedule multiple fittings until it was perfect. She also made a custom veil using some extra lace flowers removed from my dress. I ended up wearing that way after the ceremony because it went with the dress so well! Thanks, Janet!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

The House For Brides, 3002 North 67th Place Scottsdale, 85251

10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday
Location of (Janet Kirkman Bridal Alterations)

Other vendors in Phoenix for your wedding