Itasca, IL 60143 Map · Phone number

weddingpocketfold57greene
weddingportable55princess

11 Reviews for Invitations by Gina

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2009

After much searching for the perfect "pocket style" wedding invitations, I was referred to Gina from someone on The Knot. It was so awesome meeting with her & seeing how creative & beautiful all her invitations were in her home studio. I was able to custom create the exact invitation I wanted & I received a hard copy proof that I could make changes to, all within a very timely fashion. The final product was STUNNING & everyone I know has been telling me they were the most beautiful invitations they had ever seen. I am so pleased & happy that I was able to find Gina & I will definitely be using her again should I need invitations for another event.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Mrs. K to be · Married on 04/12/2009

3.5

We used Invitations by Gina upon the referral of a few of our close friends. We also saw them at a bridal expo a few different times. Their invitations are outstanding, quality and price. Gina is extremely good at what she does, and the amount of product they offer is so much more than any of the places I compared. Their prices are the lowest in the area for like products. The quality is definately the most professional in the area and the places I compared. Her price beat local vendors we compared by as much as 500.00 and those in the city we looked at by about 750.00.
    The lead times are a bit longer, but they are a smaller family company and take great care and pride in their product. If you use them, note the best method of communication is email. Gina is the only one who takes sales appointments and because she is in meetings most the time, it takes her some time to return calls, but emails were always returned within the hour.
    Overall a definate A+ rating for this vendor. I absolutely loved our invitations and the responses we received from our guests were unbelievable. Definately worth the money here!

Sent on 05/20/2009

3.4
      3.0
      3.5
      3.0

We ordered our wedding invites from Gina and we received many compliments on them. I am scoring a bit low though, because we had several issues. When we first met with Gina, she was patient and worked with us to craft the perfect invite. When we received the proof, there were several issues, including spelling errors. I was told by Gina not to worry about those, because they make sure they are correct on the final. We had to pay for a new electronic proof (same price as a paper proof - not fair) because of a change we made, even though there were 15 mistakes they made. Then the second proof had more spelling mistakes that were not in the first proof. It took a long time to get the actual invites and then we were told the calligrapher was sick and behind. We could not wait so Gina had them rushed (which was great) but then there were mistakes in the envelopes. Although Gina offered to correct everything, there was not enough time and I did not appreciate having to go to her office (which is in her house) repeatedly. The ink imprints were rubbing off in some spots and then we found about half of the pocket invites were missing the crystal, so they all had to be redone. Also, one cut of the RSVP cards had a letter cut off. Apparently the printer didn't realize it. Our proof was not cut off and again, Gina offered to fix but we did not have time because it took the while 6 weeks, if no 7 weeks, to get the invites completed and we had to send them out of state. So overall, I would say if you are trying to save some money, Gina is good, but be prepared to deal with some bumps and be sure you order early! We received many compliments on the final invite but the process to get there was a hassle.

Sent on 10/10/2012