437 Plum Street, Wyandotte, MI 48192 Map · Phone number

About Images of Style by Monica

What you really want to know is, "Why should we choose you? What makes you stand apart from the average photographer?" The answer is simple: I am a successful photographer because I have a passion for photography and a good creative eye, while also having the natural ability to make people feel comfortable. And my definition of success is having happy clients. Photography-wise, I call my style 'modern romantic'. For the must-have portraits, I pose very contemporary and use our surroundings to give the portraits a classy yet unposed feel. For everything else I shoot documentary-style, recording the natural happenings with a 'fly-on-the-wall' eye. I am always looking for those very personal moments between people while keeping at a good distance so a couple doesn't even know I'm photographing them. You want your storybook to be about who you are as a couple, not who a photographer poses you to be. Personality-wise, I am a friendly and flexible person, which is an advantage to my clients because I easily adapt to their individual personalities. I am able to capture who they really are, while maintaining a level of calm for them on such an emotionally-charged day. At the same time I am observant and calculated, always anticipating the next great shot. I am in my upper 20's which gives me the luxury of having a fresh modern edge while also having over nine years experience working for myself and other prominent photographers. Being female, and a detail-oriented one at that, I actually notice all of those details you put so much effort into picking out -- the back of the dress, the jewelry, the cake-cutting utensils. And I am a true romantic, so I never get tired of weddings. No two are alike, and no two are photographed the same. I believe people who excel in their profession do so because they have followed a path that combines their natural talents and strengths. That is why I am a photographer. :-)

28 Reviews for Images of Style by Monica

Lindsay · Married on 10/16/2010

Monica is AMAZING! Not only is her work beautiful, but it is a wonderful experience to work with her. She is unobtrusive while working, and you forget she is there. Her photos are modern looking, and beautiful.

Kyle · Married on 10/17/2009

So easy to work with. Our pictures turned out amazing, especially the outside ones. Enjoyed her all day

nicole · Married on 09/12/2009

Monica was always professional and gave me the personalized attention I needed. As a very hands on bride, she accomidated all my requests. Monica's style of photoraphy is unique and breath taking. She has so many beautiful ideas and an eye for capturing the right moment. There were so many amazing photos, we could bearly decide which ones to choose for our album. We are still getting compliments about her work almost a year after the wedding. I would highly recommend Images of style by Monica. Nicole and Andy

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner