Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Hushed Commotion

Being creative allows me to express myself in a way that feels natural. I have always explored how the arts can affect and enhance a person’s life, whether it is through sewing, painting, sculpting, song, dance, writing, etc. These days you will find me in NYC soaking up the endless stimulation and infusing that into hand crafted bridal accessories.

I started my line with the goal to create detailed pieces that are elegant and have a bit of a vintage vibe while still fitting into the modern day brides vision of a contemporary wedding.

For more about Thea and a few fun hushedCOMMOTION facts, check out this Q & A article!

For a look into the hushedCOMMOTION studio, check out this blog post!

Check our Events page to see what events and announcements are coming up!

crafted with love in Brooklyn, NY.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Regions serviced: New York City

Follow Hushed Commotion on

10 Reviews for Hushed Commotion

Bride (4)
Veils (4)
Hair Accessories (2)

Thea is AMAZING. I fell in love with her Paloma belt and was determined to wear it at our wedding-- even before I had found my dress! Finally, I found the perfect dress to complement it and asked her if she might make custom earrings to match. She was quick to draw up two mock styles and was open to my suggestions on which bead/jewels I'd love in each place! They were just perfect. I received so many compliments and will cherish these unique pieces for many years. Thank you, Thea!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Thea is INCREDIBLE! I was struggling to find a birdcage veil that was classic without being over the top cutesy. She totally knew what I wanted and worked with me to customize one of her designs to my specifications. Everyone was complimenting me on my veil the entire night. She's amazing!

Profile Picture Dara, 5/13/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

Thea was so wonderful to work with. She has so many gorgeous pieces and they're much more reasonably priced than most others I'd seen. She made me a custom veil using pieces from my grandmother's veil. It was really special and meant so much to me.

Profile Picture Janis, 10/29/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Veils

I was so thrilled to have Thea as part of my wedding vendor team, and I cannot sing her praises enough. All of her pieces are so delicate and beautiful, a perfect balance of feminine and whimsical which embodied the exact look I was going for. In making my veil, Thea managed to find the exact tulle that my dress was made out of—even though the color was a very specific off-white, and the dress a designer sample so literally only 1 of 5 in existence. They went together seamlessly. The madison comb, which I also wore, was glamorous and graceful yet subtle enough to not overpower my hair or veil. Finally, Thea is just such a delight to work with! She was always professional yet easy going in all of our interactions.

Profile Picture User7447429, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
Services Used: Bride, Hair Accessories, Veils
4.7

Thea created a custom headpiece and was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. She took in my vague ideas and suggestions, even a change in wedding dress style, in stride and came up with an amazing piece that I will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Lorraine, 8/26/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Veils

I can't even begin to express how talented Thea is and how beautiful all of her pieces are! If you're looking for something soft, whimsical and modern, you will not be disappointed. Every piece is designed and handmade by Thea. After discussing what I was looking for, I met with Thea at her studio, tried on a few things and a few weeks later, my headpiece arrived. It was stunning - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Thea!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Thea is absolutely amazing! Not only did she create absolutely beautiful pieces for my wedding (Doris birdcage and Ava belt/hair piece with navy ribbon), but she was a joy to work with! I can not speak highly enough - the entire experience was wonderful.

Profile Picture User4878827, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I do not have enough positive things to say about my transaction with Hushed Commotion. Thea was wonderful to work with on a veil for my wedding. She took one of her existing designs and customized it to my specifications. In person, the veil is phenomenal. It is more beautiful than I ever imagined, and wonderful quality. I literally gasped when I saw it. Communication with this vendor was also impeccable. It would not take more than a few hours after sending an e-mail to hear back. All Hushed Commotion pieces are gorgeous and affordable. Seriously, what are you waiting for?! Thanks so much Hushed Commotion!!!

Profile Picture Autumn, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Thea is amazing!!! I came across her Lindsay hair ribbon (http://hushedcommotion.com/hair-pieces/2012/11/14/lindsay) only a few weeks before my wedding. This piece usually takes 5 weeks to hand-make and ship, but Thea had it in the mail for me in only 2 weeks! She was incredibly quick to reply via email, and customized the ribbon in antique gold - it was PERFECT. High-quality and gorgeous. My wedding was last weekend and I keep receiving so many compliments on it :-)

Profile Picture Krystle, 9/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I don't even know where to begin to describe how wonderful Thea from Hushed Commotion was when helping me design my very unique hair piece and veil and an affordable price. I first met her during my hair trial with Stacy Pitt at Styles on B when we were trying to figure out how to find a great, unique hairpiece for my crazy wedding hair without breaking the bank (seriously, why are veils and headpieces all usually so expensive?) and she suggested that I try going to a trim store for the item that I was looking for... well, I followed her advice and found myself completely lost so thought I would contact her directly and see if I could commission a custom piece for a price that didn't make me want to faint. We sat down, worked it out, and on my wedding day, my hair was crazy beautiful. Seriously, I got so many compliments on it on my wedding day and it never could have happened without the imagination and patience of Thea. Heart her.

Bonus: She made my french birdcage veil and it did not cost me an arm and a leg. Serious love.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Hushed Commotion FAQ

Undergarments
1 AWARD

591 Willoughby Ave, #1, Brooklyn, NY 11206   See On Map
(347) 549-9709 (phone)
By appointment, please email us for a consult: greetings@hushedcommotion.com