Huntington Beach, CA 92649 Map · Phone number

Jayme · Married on 10/10/2015

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

My husband and I knew that we wanted an outdoor wedding/ceremony. Our initial plan was to book it to Joshua Tree but logistics made that a little difficult so we kept it local. We had been to HB Central Park a few times before and we knew there was an amphitheater we could reserve so we opted for that, it was also pretty affordable as well. We had to go to the city to reserve the amphitheater and we were able to book it for a 4 hour time slot on the date we wanted. Perfect! The fee was to basically pay for a security staff to be on site during the 4 hour time period.

The day of the wedding, my husband had to go to the park and clean up though. He wound up cleaning up an entire bag of trash that was scattered around the amphitheater from people being careless. I was shocked that this wasn't cleaned up on a regular basis. This park is beautiful and one of the most natural looking ones around. It's disappointing that we were responsible for cleaning up the trash in the area for our wedding. On top of that, there was no security staff to be found and my husband had to ask some folks that were hanging out on the benches to leave. I'm unclear about what or whom we were actually paying for.

Overall, our ceremony turned out beautiful but we're pretty disappointed that it was such a mess to begin with and had to clean up the place beforehand. I would recommend it still since after being cleaned it's a beautiful and affordable venue.

Sent on 10/15/2015