Coxsackie, NY 12051 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 16

About Hudson Valley Harp

My name is Shannon Friel and I am the owner of Hudson Valley Harp.

I have been playing harp for weddings all over the Hudson Valley since 2011 and have my B.A. in Music. My harp has traveled to every type of wedding venue imaginable, some especially unique to the Hudson Valley, such as renovated barns, Dutch churches, famous restaurants, historic hotels, and so on!

I work closely with each couple to ensure everything is as beautiful and picturesque as they dreamed. Need a pop arrangement? I've rearranged and performed countless popular songs by artists like Christina Perri, The Lumineers, Train, Jason Mraz, etc. so you can choose from my repertoire or request something totally new! I strive to create custom playlists that resonate with the couple and their guests while also completing the ambiance of the celebration.

I am also recently engaged and planning a wedding in the Hudson Valley so I am up-to-date on the latest wedding trends. If you like, I am happy to coordinate my attire with that of the wedding party/venue.

The ceremony and cocktail hour package is my most popular choice for couples. The more harp the merrier (and also at a better price!) Give me a call or e-mail so we can chat details!

Welcome to Hudson Valley Harp, harpist of the Hudson Valley.

Follow Hudson Valley Harp on
Wedding at The State Room, Albany
Wedding at The State Room, Albany
img1577
Hudson Valley Harp
black and white harp photo
Wedding at Normanskill Country Club

6 Reviews for Hudson Valley Harp

• Fan

Fan · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing Harpist for the elegant wedding [7/21/2018]

We are so so happy to have Shannon there at our wedding (Both the ceremony and the cocktail hour)!! Before the wedding, she communicated with me about all the details about what we want, what we expect and even what outfit we want her to show up with. She is super reliable, responsive, detail-oriented and professional. That's my impression before the wedding. Also Shannon provides great recommendations of harp music for different settings based on my preferred style. Very helpful and we got it done so promptly.

The wedding day passed so fast and now 3 months passed, I still remember when my dad walked me down the road by the lake, I saw my husband, and the priest and then I saw Shannon! Beautifully sitting there in the perfect pink (matched with my wedding party) with the beautiful harp by the lake. My dad was shaking a little since he was very emotional at that moment, and so did I. But when Shannon's music started, my heart just got so filled with happiness and emotions that made me smile. I am so glad you were there for me, and for everybody. Thank you so much Shannon.

I missed the cocktail hour since we were taking so many photos but all our family and friends were so amazed by the view of the museum terrace facing the lake and hills, with Shannon's harp music in the background. Now they are all convinced that a harp is a must for a wedding haha. So romantic, elegant and beautiful.

Kim · Married on 05/23/2018

Shannon has played many events that I have coordinated. Not only is she fabulously talented and very easy to work with, she is always beautifully dressed, prompt, professional and courteous. I highly recommend the Hudson Valley Harpist!!!!

Hudson Valley Harp FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 400.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Sample Music, Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Harp
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System

• Coxsackie, NY 12051 See on map