807 Frenchtown Road, New Castle, DE 19720 Map · Phone number

About Historic Penn Farm

Located in New Castle, Delaware Historic Penn Farm is a great place to host your upcoming wedding. Offering great spaces, a local feeling, and the opportunity to personalize.

Wedding gown
Wedding gown
pennfarm chambray 7657 900px
pennfarm sunflowers 042

7 Reviews for Historic Penn Farm

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2016

Historic Penn Farm made our dream wedding come true!! They really did! The staff we worked with were fantastic and always open to the millions of questions we had. We visited the farm multiple times to make sure we had everything planned out for our wedding day. Andrea (venue coordinator) is amazing!! She really worked with us, made sure everything went smoothly and is just a great person in general!! Our family and friends thought the grounds and barn were absolutely stunning with our little touch of our personality that really brought the barn to life! We wish we could do it all over again because we had an amazing time and everything was beyond beautiful! We really cannot say enough great things about this venue and staff. They are the best and wish we had another event there just to be in the barn again and hang out with Andrea. Thank you for everything and making our dream wedding come true!!

Deisy · Married on 06/10/2017

I got married this past weekend and it was an absolute dream come true. I have read reviews that others wrote and yes, the price you pay is just for the rental of the barn. BUT the best part about it is that you can literally make YOUR dream wedding come to life. I know that my wedding was different from the others. You can choose where you want your ceremony, and there are so many beautiful views!
    At first, it took a while to figure out who I was suppose to contact to find out more info on the venue and have a walk thru. It took about 2 weeks to figure it out but once I got in contact of the correct person, my walk thru and wedding date was picked within a week! I also hated the fact that having a wedding planner was MANDATORY, but it was a saving grace! They do it for a reason. I could not imagine NOT having a wedding planner and Andrea the day of the wedding.
    Andrea was awesome to work with, if you speak to her like a human being, she speaks to you with the same respect. She was very accommodating and saved me a lot of money with deliveries. She even captured sweet moments on my wedding day with her phone. She technically is not suppose to do half the stuff she did for me, like help me set up and give me ideas of what would work and what would not work. Everything that is listed above (balloons and flames) is all listed in the contract that it is not allowed.

Historic Penn Barn is seriously the most beautiful place I have ever been to and I wish I could relive my wedding day everyday!

Terri · Married on 10/14/2017

3.6
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

This venue is absolutely beautiful. We had an Oct. wedding and it couldn't be any more perfect for a fall barn wedding. Downside - must have a wedding planner and must use one of their approved vendors. The vendor we contracted with from their options (of which there were 2), Peggy, was very expensive, not accommodating, unavailable, not helpful, incompetent etc, etc.
    The wedding turned out beautiful in spite of the wedding planner.
    I would highly recommend the venue but be extremely cautious about the wedding planner.

Historic Penn Farm FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,700.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,759.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Lighting/Sound, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 240
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Farm/Ranch, Historic Building
  • What event services do you offer? Event Rentals
  • What event items are available? Dance Floor, Lighting
  • What transportation and access is available? Valet, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, August, September, October, November

• 807 Frenchtown Road New Castle, 19720 See on map