Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort

Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort

Now Serving Virginia
Imagine, a historic marvel, a spectacular, one-of-a-kind wedding resort, nestled minutes from downtown Richmond...Yet a world apart.

Imagine, celebrating your special day for an entire weekend as you and your guests enjoy our lovingly restored Mansion, grounds, guest suites, private cottages and romantic carriage house honeymoon suite.

Imagine, the peace of mind you'll feel as professional event planners, assist you in planning and coordinating every detail of your perfect wedding weekend.

There is a place, Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort, Bed and Breakfast

Uncovered Outdoor (11)
Accommodations (8)
Indoor (6)
Covered Outdoor (5)

Historic Mankin Mansion was an absolute dream. Not only is the venue gorgeous rain or shine but the time and effort that goes into helping plan your day was extremely helpful. I loved working with there team(especially Katie, our planner)! It was bit more expensive then we were planning but in the end totally worth it! Couldn’t recommend it more!!

Profile Picture Sabrina , 6/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

Historic Mankin Mansion is the whole package. In addition to being the most stunning property I’ve ever witnessed, their team is knowledgable, experienced, and always ready to help a bride in need. Booking with HMM was truly the best decision we made in our whole wedding planning process. We not only got access to all of the beautiful grounds, but we were provided with a planner, DJ, and table and chair rentals included. (This is among all of the additional add-ons for upgrades—we did the fire pits, which were awesome!)

I know the HMM team deals with multiple weddings at one time and even multiple per weekend, but my now-husband and I always felt like VIPs from our very first meeting. There’s nothing like being greeted with a glass of red wine to plan a wedding after a long day at work!

The wedding day itself went off without a hitch as far as I know. If something didn’t go as planned, I was and am blissfully unaware because everything ran so smoothly. The staff was extremely accommodating to our crazy family of Western New Yorkers and Salvadorans, and I’ve heard from multiple guests (both in English and Spanish!) that they felt like they were at home during our wedding. Kudos to the Mankin team and especially to Paula and Martin Ramirez—they have done a magnificent job with the property and their commitment to excellence is evident in everything that they do.

My husband and I are so grateful for all of the hard work that went into our wedding, and we feel as if we are a part of the HMM family. Thank you for all that you’ve done for us—we are so very appreciative of it!

PS - I wish I could put up more pictures to show off how gorgeous it is, but there's a 10MB max and most of ours are larger. Just check out their website for all the beauty!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/25/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

The team and space at the mankin mansion are top notch. This venue is a hidden gem! Katie & Anna were soo helpful throughout the process, very responsive, flexible, and very accommodating. Our guests could not stop raving about how awesome the venue was. With all the different architecture, pristine landscaping, and lighting/decor there is no shortage of wow factor here. We had planned to have our ceremony outside but due to chilly temperature we moved inside and we couldn't have been happier with the beautiful second site.

View Vendor Response

220x220 sq 1497545181692 sarah and ethan 1 1084 0111
220x220 sq 1497546901208 mankin mansion51.2 smaller
220x220 sq 1497545100928 pattengalephotographyalyssataylorblogpostrichmondw
220x220 sq 1497546868923 13147396101541141585275211292546733910573058o
220x220 sq 1526723532 732314461a764524 1526723531 ff99de0b1f5628ca 1526723529227 1 1
220x220 sq 1526723533 a0c8880bc8a25974 1526723531 d79d0e316bd526e4 1526723529232 2 2
220x220 sq 1526723533 7be43f099c89840a 1526723532 6f6a8e545be0e326 1526723529234 3 3
220x220 sq 1526723532 01c2054c7807b0c0 1526723532 3ab46d09feab7370 1526723529235 4 4

4 VIDEOS

11 ENDORSEMENTS
An absolutely beautiful place to hold your wedding event. The staff goes above and beyond to insure a wonderful event. Awesome folks to work with. Highly consider Historic Mankin Mansion for your wedding venue.

An amazing venue that offers it all! A truly beautiful place for a wedding.

Every time we have a bride call and incredulously ask if we have ever been to the Historic Mankin Mansion, we are ready. Of course we have !!! It's such an amazing estate in the middle of Richmond, it's hard to believe. It feels more like a secret location that you've stumbled upon. We have come to know Paula and Martin from events for wedding professionals and also from being there the "day of" and witnessing the hard work and attention to detail that their guests effortlessly enjoy. If you want a unique wedding experience in a one-of-a-kind place, then consider The Historic Mankin Mansion.

The Historic Mankin Mansion is great - it is beautiful, unique and manned by a staff of long-time event professionals who really care about their clients. I have had the privilege of producing a special event at the mansion, and even stayed there during the event as a working "guest". The breakfasts alone convinced me that I have to go back! You really can't find a property like this one anywhere else in the region. It is phenomenal, and I not only recommend it, but I hope to have the opportunity to go back again soon.

I have known Martin and Paula Ramirez for five years and have watched in amazement and awe as they restored Historic Mankin Mansion to the beautiful facility now available for weddings. You will not find another venue that is more focused on customer service. Martin, Paula, Laura and the rest of the staff will be the perfect hosts, and because of their attention to detail, your wedding day will be "stress-free" and exactly what you've dreamed of. Martin also happens to be one of the best Disc Jockeys in the area, having been behind the DJ booth scratching and mixing for over 20 years! I've seen him in action many times and am always blown away by his talent and skill. I am grateful for friends like Martin and Paula, because I know I can always count on them. Therefore, I can say with certainty that as "one of their brides" you will also be able to count on them to make your wedding dreams come true.

4300 Oakleys Lane, Richmond, VA 23223   See On Map