Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Hey Mr. DJ

Voted "Best DJ' two years in a row by readers of the Mercury News.

Serving San Diego County! Owned and operated by award-winning DJ-MC Rich Amooi, Hey Mr. DJ has been providing outstanding DJ Entertainment for over 20 years. You'll get one of the most experienced DJ's on the West Coast at YOUR Wedding Reception and an incredible variety of fun dance music! It's not a surprise that Rich was voted "Best DJ" two years in a row by readers of the Mercury News. How much fun do you want to have?

Check the website for more info and don't forget to read his wedding blog where you can see for yourself how much fun his clients are having. Let The Fun Begin!

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: San Diego

37 Reviews for Hey Mr. DJ

Do-Not-Play List (1)
MC (1)
One Event Per Day (1)

Rich was awesome! When I called around "shopping" for a DJ, I knew immediately Rich was our guy. He is a former radio DJ, has a professional and clear speaking voice, and a personality that shines through over the phone. Although I know that DJs are professional and will play a wide range of music, it totally helped that we had the same taste in music. Rich stayed in touch during the planning process and has systems in place so that I knew what information I needed to provide him prior to the wedding day (specifically what songs I needed to pick out). I really appreciated him giving us a "no play list". He provided us an extensive list of music and all we had to do was choose our "must plays" and our "no plays". So much better than making the requests during the big day. When the big day came, he lived up to his expectations. I LOVED having him there. He was a great MC and DJ. In one sentence, if you want a professional who pays attention to your needs for the day and can read crowd, hire Rich. He won't disappoint.

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

We found Rich on a recommendation listing from our hotel. My husband spoke to him on the phone and immediately confirmed him for our wedding. He did a wonderful job MCing the event and running the reception. We were worried no one would dance and have a good time ... well you know when the dance floor is full from the beginning of your reception to the end, your Dj is a hit. We even went into overtime for dancing as everyone stayed and was having such a wonderful time. We truly would recommend and loved having Mr. Dj - Rich as our Dj!

Profile Picture Carina, 4/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rich was recommended to us by another DJ for our wedding and we could not have been more pleased. We met him in person,and immediately liked him. We were looking for someone with a great reputation, lots of experience, friendly, easygoing, and fun! He was completely professional from beginning to end and if he doesn't have the song you want, he has no problem getting it for you. We provided him with a list of songs that were 'must play' and he hit all of those, and even all of our 'try to play' list too!! You can tell he really enjoys doing weddings and takes pride in his work. Rich exceeded our expectations and we received many compliments from our guests at the end of the night. We highly recommend Rich and deserves the title "Best DJ"!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/3/12, 5 Reviews

1 VIDEO

Let The Fun Begin!
0:58 minutes

10 ENDORSEMENTS
Who doesn't love Hey Mr. DJ????? I mean come on!! When he has his "actual size" picture posted on his website, you know you're in for a treat. His minimal yet effetive set up will not take away from the elegance of your event.

Rich is the definition of a great DJ. His mixing skills can be learned, but his personality can never be copied. There might be many DJs who can spin good tunes, but putting together a successful event involves many skills that they don't teach in school. Rich is a great MC, and knows how to get a party started and keep it going. No gimmicks, no shtick, just honest and genuine personality. Hire Rich and you're in great hands.

I network with Rich Amooi because he is such a great DJ and has become such a good friend. He is very professional and I continue to recommend him to brides when I am booked and cannot offer my services. When looking for a professional entertainer, look no further. Rich will rock your party : ) - Jessie Garcia/playitlouddj.com

I had the honor of working with Rich (Hey Mr DJ) at an event I photographed for my Brides America Project.us project in San Jose, CA. Besides being an absolute gentleman, he knows music and his trade very well. In my opinion, it's extreme;y important for the person who is providing the music and entertainment to have a handle on the vibe of the guests. Rich did an outstanding job at reading the guests at this event and kept the festivities rolling. There was never a dull moment, as I suspect there never is at any event that he covers. I only wish that other DJ-MC vendors would strive to do what Rich what so effortlessly and eloquently accomplishes while simultaneously helping the client to enjoy their event to the maximum.

The best word to describe Rich of Hey Mr. DJ is classy. I've worked with him on numerous weddings and have referred him to many brides who were looking for a DJ. One thing you may also appreciate about Rich is that he always comes dressed appropriately for the occasion. You don't need to worry about your DJ coming dressed as if he was at a backyard party. I know upon arriving at a reception and seeing Rich that the evening will go by smoothly. He is very professional, prompt and fun to work with. My clients always thank me for referring Rich to supply the music for their wedding. Charles Le, Charles Le Photography

San Diego, CA 92130   See On Map