4037 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121 Map · Phone number

Haydel's Bakery 6
  • Esther

Esther Murphy · Getting married on 04/05/2020

Beautiful wedding cake

Dana from Haydel was very helpful and courteous. She could envision what I wanted for my daughter's wedding cake. She listened well to what I wanted and made the cake better than I'd even hoped.

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Haydel's Bakery 7
  • Claire

Claire Pires · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Cake!

Haydel’s was a dream to work with for our wedding. I am allergic to all nuts and got worried because, in New Orleans, it’s common to use almond paste for the cake, but Haydel’s immediately understood and said they could make the cake out of pound cake, which was delicious! In our first visit, Cindy brought out slices of the cake with different fillings to try for both of us and our moms and Cindy sat with us, explaining all of the different styles of cake. Cindy was so patient and charming and it was a pleasure to work with her. At the wedding, the cake looked beautiful and our guests enjoyed it. As a Brooklyn, New York-based LGBT couple planning a wedding in New Orleans, we needed vendors who were organized and responsive and also accepting and Haydel's delivered. We would highly recommend Haydel’s as they made the cake process easy and enjoyable. (Definitely get the pineapple filling – it was our favorite!)

Photo: Mateo & Company

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Haydel's Bakery 8
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 01/26/2019

Absolutely delicious!

Haydel's did an amazing job with everything they provided. I ordered my wedding cake, groom's cake, some hand pies for favors, and also ended up adding some "referee" cookies at the last minute (my wedding was after we got robbed in the NFC championship WHO DAT!!!). Everything turned out beautifully and tasted even better! I wanted a very simple cake and we did a king cake for the groom's cake. Haydel's is just an amazing bakery, hands down. Didn't even have to think twice about it and I mean, who doesn't love a good king cake? We gave out hand pies as favors and they were a huge hit! Perfect end of the night snack. Great pricing, everything was delivered on time, great experience all around!

Sent on 03/07/2019