Yucca Valley, Yucca Valley, CA 92284 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie

Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie is a licensed cosmetologist in Yucca Valley, California, that has been in the area’s beauty industry since 2008. Owner and artist Tanya Marie grew up in her aunt’s salon and turned her passion for art into hair and makeup. She uses fresh ideas and raw talent to create a flawless look just for you by intertwining your personal style with her vision. Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie works one on one with every client to ensure your day is everything you wanted.

Experience
Tanya Marie has trained extensively with a numerous advanced programs, including the Paul Mitchell School - Costa Mesa. She has been an instructor for over four years, has been featured in multiple publications, and has been working behind the chair as an artist for over eight years.

Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie provides clients with beauty, hair, hair removal, and makeup services. They offer group discounts and services for parties of up to 20 guests, and clients can choose to include consultations, men’s grooming, and salon treatments with any of their multiple licensed stylists. Your hair and makeup vision is entirely yours, and you can choose from blowouts, hair coloring, hair extensions, haircuts, keratin treatments, textured styling, updos/styling, and waxing to make sure you get what you’re after. As for makeup, the stylists are equipped and ready to provide you with:

• Airbrush makeup

4d28ff737077b8bb 1486696947622 1646314611935911806780665702797473712928784o

8 Reviews for Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie

• Ally

Ally Markmiller · Married on 05/01/2019

The Perfect HMUA You Must Get For Your Day!

Let me start off by saying that Tanya is a miracle worker who completely exceeded my expectations! 5 starts doesn't even come close to what she deserves!

I contacted her in May via her website to see if she was available to do my bridal hair and makeup 2 weeks later (very last minute, I know) for a sunrise ceremony in Joshua Tree National Park. She replied the next day and was willing to take me at such an early time even though she had 2 other weddings scheduled for that day--and I am SO THANKFUL for that! In regards to communication, she was very quick to reply. We ended up getting everything scheduled and booked within 3 days.

Before I had my trial run, I explained to her that I have fine, medium-length hair and wanted loose waves that would last me from sunrise to sunset. She said that she has the same type of hair and gets her curls to last all day, so that definitely made me feel like I was in good hands.

For makeup, I told her that I wanted a natural look that would enhance my features for the photos and would still look like me. I was IN LOVE with my hair and makeup after our trial run! I was very impressed by how well my hair held up for the 6 hours I had it in. I've gone to a number of salons that have curled my hair and the curls don't even last the drive home, but that wasn't the case here since Tanya definitely meant what she said!

On the big day, Tanya showed up 10 minutes early and had the best attitude even though we started at 3:20 AM! She finished my hair and makeup by 4:30-4:40 AM. Listen--I thought I looked good on the trial run, but Tanya literally blew me away the day of! I felt like a GODDESS! Not to mention, the look actually stayed in place! Also, I was impressed at how seamlessly the false lashes were placed. They felt very secure but also felt lightweight and invisible which was a plus! Neither the hair nor makeup felt unnatural, heavy, or crunchy, if you get what I'm saying.

TANYA WASN'T KIDDING WHEN SHE SAID SHE COULD GET MY CURLS TO LAST! They lasted from 3:30 AM on Saturday up until Sunday afternoon! I don't know how she did it, but I was BEYOND impressed as to how she got my fine hair to hold those gorgeous waves despite the windy day and even sleeping on it all night. Those waves did not budge! The best part was that they weren't the tight curls that make your hair look shorter; my hair practically stayed the same length which is a HUGE plus in my eyes (I was insecure about my hair being too short after I got it cut the month prior).

Similar to the hair, the makeup lasted me all day Saturday and even until Sunday afternoon despite sleeping in it (probably not the best idea but I was dead tired lol). Despite the insane amount of wind, there was only one false eyelash casualty! Honestly, it wasn't even a big deal because I couldn't even tell where that individual false lash was placed before it fell off.

Overall, I would recommend Tanya within a heartbeat! She blew me away and made my special day even more special. I cannot thank her enough for making me feel so beautiful! Not to mention, my groom couldn't take his eyes off of me! ;)

Sent on 01/11/2020

Danielle · Married on 03/02/2019

Hair and Make up

Tanya and her team did an amazing job! They did hair and make up for 7 of us on my wedding day. They were all so kind, professional and fun to be around. On such a special day you want to be surrounded by good, happy, fun people and they all certainly were! Tanya even came back later that evening to do a second hair style for me for the reception! I don’t usually wear makeup, so I was a bit nervous, but Tanya listened to me and truly captured just what I was hoping for. The makeup and hair styles were amazing and made to last in the hot, windy desert and even through dancing, flips and turns!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Tanya and her amazing team did the hair and make-up for my very large bridal party (20 people including MOB and MOG) in September of this year. They killed it! Everyone was so happy with how their hair and make up turned out and it totally fit the relaxed desert/boho vibe we were going for. Tanya did my bridal hair and make-up both for our rehearsal dinner and for the wedding and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Cannot recommend Tanya enough! You won’t regret hiring her!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 150
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 85
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 150
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 85
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
    Consultation
    Travel Fee
    Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Mult. Stylists
    Salon
    Group Discounts
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Coloring
    Extensions
    Haircuts
    Keratin
    Textured Hair Styling
    Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Contour Makeup
    Fake Lashes
    Brow/Lash Tinting
  • What hair removal services do you offer?
    Waxing

Real Weddings

• Hair Design by Christine Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Tanya for years and we assist each other on weddings often. She has a great amount of professionalism and talent. I love working with her and I've never met an unhappy bride that she did hair/makeup for.

• Yucca Valley Yucca Valley, California, 92284 See on map
    Location of (Hair & Makeup by Tanya Marie)