Portland, OR 97239 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About gwyneth colleen photography

My absolute favorite weddings to photograph have been beautiful and unique. Believe me, it IS possible for a wedding to not be beautiful, but if the couple is true to themselves and makes it a reflection of their love for one another...it's going to be breathtaking.

I've been extremely lucky; I've had couples who:
*had a first "hula hoop" (instead of a first dance)
*had a first cast as man and wife (they grew to love each other while fishing)
*hired a merengue instructor to teach their wedding guests to dance Latin style
*got married in an apple orchard...because that was where they fell in love
*got married barefoot on an island in Maine

Talk about a way to ensure your wedding photographs don't look like anyone else's! All of my wonderful clients have given me untold inspiration for my own someday-celebration.

Overall, when I set out to photograph your special moments, I want the photographs to be intimate, vibrant, and authentic. My goal is to capture the essence of you. And to have a heck of a lot of fun in the process!

6 Reviews for gwyneth colleen photography

Ashlee · Married on 11/14/2009

It poured on my wedding day. And I mean, full on end-of-hurricaine rain. Though apparently good luck for weddings (or something they tell brides so they don't flip out), it's not exactly prime photo taking weather. At least, not for most photographers. Luckily, I had Gwyn.

Gwyn took truly bad weather and got us outside, in the rain (post ceremony) on the wet cobblestones of Salem, MA and created the most beautiful photos a bride could ever ask for.
    I could tell you how nice she is (SO NICE) and how she has done amazing work (check out her blog, there's not a single bad photo). What makes Gwyn stand out is when the chips were down and I was convinced that I would be stuck with all indoor photos, she turned around and got us into photographs that almost wouldn't work without that rain. She stands out because you know, no matter what, you WILL have amazing photographs. And that kind of security is priceless for a bride and groom. Thank you Gwyn for giving me memories of the best day of my life!

Sent on 01/22/2010

Erin · Married on 08/08/2009

Gwyn was really great to work with. She is really dependable, delivers what she promises and has a great eye for taking beautiful photos. Thank you Gwyn!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2009

Gwyn is a real artist. Our wedding pictures are both beautiful and filled with our personality. I love looking at them and showing them to friends! She has a beautiful sense for composition in her photos, and a fantastic eye for color. Our wedding was outdoors, on the ocean, and even though it was mid-day (the worst time for light, apparently) and extremely variable as far as the weather, our pictures have the most beautiful and vibrant tones, both the sunlit ones and the cloudy/rainy ones. While she can take the traditional family/bride-groom photos with the best of them, she also has a great eye for the personal, fun, candid, and individual side of things. I feel like she captured US in the photos, our personalities, us just having a wonderful time with our friends and family. And I can't not mention how comfortable she made everybody feel. I am married to the most camera-shy man I've ever met, and he was completely relaxed, and actually said he enjoyed having her take our pictures, because he trusted her to do a good job. I would absolutely and wholeheartedly recommend Gwyn out of anybody on this site.

Sent on 11/06/2009