Bradenton Beach, FL 34217 Map · Phone number

3 Reviews for gulf drive cafe and tiki

Tatiana · Married on 04/28/2013

3.8
      3.5

I had a very torn experience with this venue. In the begining we dealt with a man named Peter who was the wedding coordinator. We went over everything with him, had it all set up and then when it came time for our final meeting, about a week before the wedding, we found out he bailed. All of our plans were gone, or very disorganized. The new coordinator had her hands full. She had no idea what our plans were so we had to go over everything last minute. In the end, everything worked out somehow. I don't know how Angie did it, but she did! So in the begining we had a terrible, stressful experience, but in the end we were happy :)

Sent on 05/25/2013

laurenth · Married on 12/07/2013

2.2
      1.5
      1.0

The place and setting is wonderful for a beach wedding but you would have to deal with a really bad management and owner. On my wedding day they didn't have the place ready until 2 hours before the wedding that means that my family were doing decorations and setting the tables at the last minute, also the paella was delay, they were not ready with the plates and utensils to cut the cake, we had problems with the lights. And the most horrible thing is that they didn't have the invoice ready before the wedding so at the end of the wedding they show it to my husband with a inflated price and he needed to pay right there right now if not they were going to call the police. very unprofessional, they even came out with some mean dogs and they took pictures of the limousine and told the driver that he needed to bring us back. The sad think is that the mean person was not only the staff but the owner. How can you fix that?

Sent on 01/16/2014

1.0

Do NOT get married here! If I had more room I would have a lot of negative things to say:
    Kelli was horrible to work with.
    Not flexible, not helpful, you cannot even reach her she never answers the phone! We drove two hours to meet with her and she stood us up, lied and said we cancelled when we didn't. Refuses to listen to bride and grooms concerns. Doesn't even physically do much to set up the venue, she was over an hour late arriving to set up for our wedding, and wouldn't answer my calls to reach her that day. does not show up to your rehearsal to help you in any way, when her job title is wedding coordinator/event planner. We were treated poorly and the DJ was very frustrated trying to work with them they didn't provide her with basic things she needed to perform her job. Very sketchy with the pricing, they changed employees and policies after we signed a contract and didn't even bother to tell us and were acting annoyed that they had to "deal" with what they called old pricing brides. FIND ANOTHER VENUE DO NOT DEAL WITH THE GULF DRIVE CAFE. We had to set up everything on our own Kelli and her team did nothing to help with decor. There are other places on the beach that are much better! Don't listen to these old reviews.

Sent on 03/02/2015