Glen Feord Mansion

• John F. Collins Park
  • Hornblower Cruises & Events - Philadelphia
  • Talamore Country Club

7 Reviews for Glen Feord Mansion

Glen Foerd was the best part of my Wedding day! The food was simply fabulous and the service top notch. The mansion itself is beautiful with all the antique furnishings and charm. The whole evening flowed perfectly from dinner in the dining room to dancing in the conservatory. Yes you will pay quite an amount to host your event here, but it is worth every penny! I cut corners everywhere else to host my event here and it was 100% worth it. People are still talking about my fabulous venue, and my husband and I both loved every second of the event. The whole day was a fairytale, and Glen Foerd was the perfect venue!

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • kcheme

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2010

Glen Foerd Mansion was the perfect setting for the wedding of my dreams! My guests were stunned by this place and everyone is saying our wedding is the one to beat. Of course, having a beautiful June day to enjoy the grounds didn't hurt either.

This is a unique and truly wonderful wedding setting for a 75-100 person wedding. I've heard it is tight for groups much larger than 100, so keep that in mind, but the caterer does to other larger facilities.

As far as the food - everything I tried was amazing. Especially the grilled salmon, and lamb tagine. We did the food stations and I was worried about lines and the informality of buffet style, but everyone seemed happy with the selection so I think the stations were the right way to go.

A personal bridal attendant is included in the package and that was a HUGE! Alice, our attendant, was amazing. She brought us food and drinks so we could focus on the party.

My only regret is that I was so busy taking pictures and talking during cocktail hour that I didn't try most appetizers, including the seared tuna station! (which was by all accounts amazing according to our guests) Obviously, this was my own fault. My advice to all brides is to decide what appetizers, etc you have to try and make sure to tell someone (bridal attendant if you have one) to get you a taste before its gone.

Overall, this place was the best. I Highly recommend :-)

Sent on 06/28/2010

Erica · Married on 05/08/2010

This is a venue I would reccommend to every person I meet who is even remotely planning a wedding for about 75-95 people.
    1) It is a georgous location- right on the river, for an outdoor wedding (plus an indoor option for inclement weather), beautiful mansion with gardens, art gallery, and beautifully appointed rooms.
    2) Fantastic food! Delicious food! Food to rival the top resturants in Philly and New York! Seriously! Everything was first class. One of my biggest complaints/sadness at other weddings is bad food- stuff that has been cooked in one place, transported and then reheated. Sure, it may have been good once, but not anymore! All the food is made in house- super fresh and hot!
    3) The staff is fantastic. The bartender was getting comments on service! We had our own coordinator who handled moving people from room to room (ceremony, to coctail hour, to dinner, to dessert), and our own waitperson, who searched us (the bridal party and myself) out in the house to bring food and drink to. The waiters were wonderful. They even brought us some more intermezzo sorbet, when ours melted during the round of thanking each table!
    4) The price is awesome! We had 85 people, the wine cellar option, 10 hors d'oeuvres, salad, intermezzo, main course, dessert buffet, cake, open bar, all for $16,000.
    Overall, it was the closest we got to hiring a wedding planner. They didn't even balk at making a purple cake (the color exactly matched my sash!)
    There are not enough nice things to say about this venue.

P.S.- if you have 100+, try their sister mansion- Knowleton Manor- just as beautiful!

Sent on 05/13/2010

• Philadelphia See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Glen Feord Mansion)