About Married by A Sea Captain

Ordained U.S. Merchant Marine Ship Captain with a Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.

I am an active U.S. Merchant Marine Ship Captain; and Ordained Minister with a Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.

I am a comfortable, laid back, happy person with a good sense of humor. I don’t take myself too seriously. I have enjoyed a successful professional career, and now I am semi-retired, and just enjoying life on the waters and with the people from all walks of life in South Florida.

I received my undergraduate degree while attending Wake Forest University; and my law degree from The University of North Carolina School of Law. For more than fourteen years I was in-house Legal Counsel for Westin Hotel Company and culminated with my serving as Vice President and General Counsel of Westin Hotel Company.

My U.S. Coast Guard Master License is documented with more than 1800 days of logged sea time, totaling more than five years of actual onboard experience.

My background and experience provide me with the ability to work with you to make your Wedding not only as you have always imagined it, but also making it a unique and memorable experience for those celebrating with you.

I work with you to create just the feeling you are looking for, with vows that are personal and meaningful to both of you. I will follow any religious, secular, traditional or personal ceremonial practices following your preferences and directions. My fee includes communicating with you at any time, in person, by Email or telephone to discuss your vision for your wedding. I can also attend and participate in rehearsal events. When selecting someone to officiate at your wedding, don't hesitate to ask questions, and make sure that you feel totally comfortable that you will have exactly the wedding you have always dreamed. That will be my personal objective and commitment to you.

Please visit my web page for more about being married by a Sea Captain: www.MarriedbyaSeaCaptain.com

Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award 2017

Customized Vows (3)
Non-religious (2)
No Denomination (2)
Catholic (1)

Captain Ray was a thoughtful choice for my fiancé and I. Of course, my description of Ray, in uniform, officiating our wedding, made my fiancé a little uneasy. We both agree that the ceremony is the most important part of the day and had to discuss "does a stand out officiant diminish that scared part?" Needless to say we agreed to move forward in asking Ray to marry us.

Upon meeting Ray in person (at no additional charge), any apprehension flew out the door. We talked easily, like family friends, he has a way of making you comfortable and want to open up about your history.

The first draft of our ceremony was jaw dropping. He 'got us'. His words were so beautiful, so personal, our final draft had only minor adjustments from the first. The day of ceremony Ray was incredible. He looked great, sounded great, it was a beautiful day. We are so happy that we chose with book with Married by A Sea Captain, it was both memorable and emotional.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Rochele, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination

Ray was a blessing to have officiate our wedding! From the first minute sitting at a Starbucks, Ray just got us. His speech was amazing, of course with some injection of our own, but he hit the nail on the head.... and by the way our arch hit him in the head... SORRYY RAY we love you!

Simply the best, 110% hire if you're looking!

View Vendor Response

4 AWARDS

Events

2170 Wilton Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305   See On Map
954-410-9163 (phone)
Married by A Sea Captain is a wedding Officiant from South Florida servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Married by A Sea Captain is a professional Merchant Marine Officer and Ordained minister that has been part of the Florida wedding industry since 2008 specializing in performing uniquely personalized Wedding Ceremonies.