4520 Spartan Ind. Dr., Grandville, MI 49418 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 5

About FunCakes Rental & Real

As seen on nationwide tv, movies, commericals and your wedding!!
We help you save a ton of money on your wedding cake. Have the look without the cost!! Real fondant and gumpaste, with an edible section for cutting and getting all your photo's. Then serve sheet cakes to your guests.

Wedding cakes are the center of any wedding party. The newly wed couples dream about their cake, however the cost of wedding cakes can skyrocket, also the possibility of falling over during transportation, heat and humidity for the outdoor weddings can be a major concern.

How Does It Work?
You can choose from many pre-designed cakes or you can design your own. You pay for the service and a deposit for the cake. The whole package will be shipped to you prior to the wedding date in a specially designed sturdy wooden box. You slide out the cake, place the edible portion during the wedding day and have your fun. After the wedding day, you slide the cake back into its box, drop it off at any shipping store (or ask for pickup) and that's it!

As soon as we receive the box, we refund your deposit. We provide a service, where you can rent the beautifully designed centerpiece wedding cake. The main cake is covered with real fondant with the looks and feel of a real cake in every aspect, however the inside is made of foam and there is small compartment to place a small portion of edible cake for the ceremony (design of the cake and the special shipping container are Patent Pending). With this patent we are the only company with the rights to a faux cake with and edible section. After the couple's "feeding each other" act, the display cake is taken back into the kitchen and the guests are served regular sheet cakes from the local bakery or wholesale store.

Follow FunCakes Rental & Real on

32 Reviews for FunCakes Rental & Real

1 User photo

FunCakes Rental & Real 1

Loriann · Married on 02/09/2018

Our wedding venue was in the Caribbean, so a real cake was out of the question. I contacted Kimberly (after seeing FunCakes on Shark tank) and we designed a cake together.
    It was elegance personified! A 3 tier real work of art!
    Our guests' comments on our gorgeous cake made the cutting ceremony all the more special.
    It traveled so well, as it was bolted to its lazy susan stand which made it so easy to turn to the "piece" cut from.
    Thank you Kimberly, from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 02/27/2018
    FunCakes Rental & Real 2

Mersiha · Married on 06/08/2014

This is a good way to save on your wedding. No one can tell that the cake isn't really edible. Great, affordable and hassle free.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Hillary · Married on 06/15/2013

I just got married a few weekends ago in GR and utilized FunCakes for my wedding cake. My husband and I aren't big cake people, so cake had sort of been an after thought. We had checked around pricing 2-3 tier cakes for us to cut into, then planned to serve sheet cakes to the guests. A co-worker of mine drove by a bright yellow bug in town one day and said to me- I don't know how you can rent a cake- but thought you might be interested in checking this out. I looked the company up online and instantly feel in love! We chose a pre-designed cake for the wedding cake and I worked with Kimberly(owner) on designing a surprise groom cake for my husband (since I ended up saving so much money on the wedding cake!)I met with Kimberly initially since her business is right in the town I live-it was so neat to see all of the different cakes she has constructed!! I could tell right away she has a true passion for what she does, which is great!! You don't come across that type of passion often. In designing the groom's cake, we did that all through e-mail and it worked out perfectly! Kimberly was extremely fast via email responses & was super friendly and helpful! It was wonderful to see my vision for the grooms cake come alive. My husband & the guests were so surprised!! I had so many comments on what a cool cake it was (he's very into fishing-so it was a fish coming out of blue frosted "water" & a fishing line coming out of the mouth to spell across the cake "Adam's Hooked"). The fish was made out of Rice Krispie treats & the rest real marble cake with fudge filling & buttercream frosting. We served that cake to the head table & everyone loved it. It was seriously AMAZING!! Best cake I've ever had!! :) I would have never thought going into this process that I'd come out of this saying the cake vendor would be my favorite vendor to work with-but look at that, she was! She was amazing! I find myself telling so many people about Kimberly & the work she does. Its amazing that someo

Sent on 07/07/2013

FunCakes Rental & Real FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Demers Banquet Hall
    Demers Banquet Hall Banquet Halls

• Rhythm of the Night Entertainment
    Rhythm of the Night Entertainment Wedding DJs

Very professional, great looking funcakes

• EverMoreEvents II
    EverMoreEvents II Wedding Planners

I love this company - I get a beautiful for rent Wedding Cake with great customer service and easy delivery and return experience every time. Thank you Fun Cakes.

• 4520 Spartan Ind. Dr. Grandville, 49418 See on map