8111 Sagramore Rd, Rosedale, MD 21237 Map · Phone number

About Focus on Cake

My name is Chef Maria Nelson. I have been passionately involved in the pastry arts and making beautiful cakes for more than 10 years. In addition to having earned a degree in pastry arts, I have trained with renowned Chefs such as Julie Bashore and Collete Peters. Like Chefs Bashore and Peters I bring the highest level of dedication, skill and creativity to my craft and invite you to tour my website and then consult with me regarding your next special event, wedding, birthday or holiday celebration. I promise to make your cake the centerpiece of your next special occasion as well as a special memory for all of your guests, family and friends.

• Patisserie Poupon
  • Ashley's Sweet Beginnings
  • The Cake Studio
blooming cherry branches on bright red background
blooming cherry branches on bright red background

2 Reviews for Focus on Cake

Carrie · Married on 11/12/2011

Maria did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! She was so great to work with and very accomodating. If I had an idea that she wasn't sure about, she worked on it until she had it down so that it looked great on the cake. My husband wanted a peanut butter icing and she made one perfectly! Her cakes should cost more than they do because they are that good! Better than Sugarbakers or any other big name wedding cake maker!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Healy · Married on 05/21/2011

This was a BEAUTIFUL Cake!! Just what I wanted and Delish!!! I can't wait for our 1 year anniversary when I can have more!!

Sent on 11/22/2011