First Comes Love Photo

122 S. Main St. Suite 215, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Map · Phone number

About First Comes Love Photo

My philosophy: rules are for breaking. Kids behave best during photo sessions when their parents ignore them. And when I let them make some silly faces. Hire a photographer you trust and who's work makes you melt. Trust them to do their thing. Make a complete shot list for family portraits. Don't wear white if you don't want to.

How I work: you do you, and then I can do me. I approach photography from a storytelling perspective - documenting how it might feel to be alive in the very second the photograph captures. Photographing beauty is wonderful so I'll definitely make art out of your dress and flowers and personal touches, but most of all, I adore photographing love and emotion in all their various forms. Documenting the dynamics and relationships that bind you with your people is what inspires me and keeps me psyched for each and every wedding and every portrait shoot. The result is a classic collection of art+stories; a refined blend of sweetness, intimacy, authenticity, humor and fun…and you just have to show up, bring your love and be you.

You: want documentation of what your wedding day looks like, but also what it feels like and you're more interested in authentic interactions than stiff poses. You're invested in having extremely awesome wedding photos and are excited to be a part of making that happen! We'll chase the light and play with the way it falls on you … my work is to find your unique moments that capture the true you, together, individually and with your people (and lots of true thems, as well) to create genuine, emotionally-charged photos and a true documentation of your day.

I'm mama to two fiery girls, wife of a badass who started medical school at 35 and owner of Mr. Jenkins (he's a cat). I grew up in Michigan, lived in California for 15 years, and moved to Ann Arbor 6 years ago. Blessed to shoot from Switzerland to Tulum, I love to travel and am available for worldwide celebrations!

When I'm not shooting, I can be found having dance parties in the kitchen, listening to Pink Floyd and scheming how to keep groundhogs from eating my garden. I believe that love is love - if you're getting married, I'd love to photograph it. <3

If you like what you see, get in touch!

Follow First Comes Love Photo on

11 Reviews for First Comes Love Photo

Natalie · Married on 10/08/2016

Alison did an amazing job as the photographer of our wedding. She was so easy to work with and is a delightful person. She was available for any questions I had and was awesome in providing advice as a I needed it throughout the process. On the day of, she took the photos in the way that I imagined. Everything was calm and there was no chaos, which is what I was definitely wanting to avoid. I wanted a photographer that would take a few selected posed photos, but otherwise would move with the tone and atmosphere of the day. She helped my husband and I remain focused on each other and RELAX during our photos to just live in the moment. For that, I will be forever grateful.

I have only seen the preliminary photos from the day, but they are beautiful and I cannot wait to see the rest and have them as a memory from our wedding day for the rest of our marriage.

I'd definitely recommend Alison for any event and I'd 100% choose here again for my wedding day.

Hiring Alison was the best decision I made about my wedding, save for saying “yes” when my husband proposed.

Alison is smart, professional, and experienced. She is a talented photographer. If you choose to work with Alison, you will find your personality, your dynamic as a couple, and the aesthetic of your event in her photos. Her photos are not just gorgeous, they are gorgeous photos that tell your story clearly.

Just as important as the exceptional quality of her work, Alison is a joy to work with. Having Alison around on our wedding day was a pleasure. I knew she knew was she was doing, and was able let go and enjoy my wedding. She manages to be everywhere at once – capturing each important moment – all while being utterly unobtrusive. “Sneaky,” she calls it. I call it awesome. Alison also has great skill and experience working with the crowd of a wedding – family, friends, churchgoers... she wrangled all the people who needed to be in our formal photos, and the process was fast and (dare I say) fun!

An unexpected and absolutely invaluable part of working with Alison, for me, was how well she knows how to help you prepare. She knows what she needs from you in order to make the day run smoothly from the perspective of photography, and this translates incredibly well into making the day run smoothly, period.

From our first email exchange I knew I wanted Alison as our photographer. She is kind and caring, and naturally understands and gets along well with people. This is, perhaps, enhanced by her art, but is not just a function of it. Alison is supportive, warm, and openhearted, and she reads people very well. All of this comes through in her work. Her work is impeccable, and her taste is unimpeachable. You can truly just let go and experience the day, knowing that your photos and the memories of the event will be quite perfectly preserved for you.

Karen · Married on 09/26/2009

I have been into photography all my life and am very picky when it comes to photographers.

I scoured website portfolios and met in person with 8 different photographers before choosing Alison for our wedding in Sept. 09.

She had the best work, the most reasonable prices, and she was by far the COOLEST of all of the photographers I met with. How often do all those things line up?

You end up spending a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day so choose someone who you groove with. Alison is super easy to get along with, she is not at all intrusive, and she takes great photos.

She shot our rehearsal dinner and set up a photo booth for us that was super-fun for us and for our guests. We were having such a good time that she stayed waaaay past the time she had promised in our contract, and was super nice about it.

Now we are left with the hard part-- choosing amongst the great photos that she took to create an album!

Award

First Comes Love Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

• Beauty Box Makeup Arts
    Beauty Box Makeup Arts Wedding Hair & Makeup

First Comes Love Photography has great style and is one of our favorite Northern California photographers. We highly recommend First Comes Love Photography.

• 122 S. Main St., Suite 215 Ann Arbor, MI 48103 See on map