Fern Hill Golf Club

• The Great Greek
  • Savor the Flavor Catering of Detroit

2 Reviews for Fern Hill Golf Club

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

This venue was wonderful. I was not at the initial appointment to book this venue but my husband and mom were. They kept our budget in mind and worked with us throughout the way.
    Venue: The ceremony space is beautiful. I love the pergola and it made for gorgeous pictures. Day of, the coordinator was so helpful with my sister to set up the outside space. Likewise, they made sure we had drinks in the bridal suite.

Food and venue:
    Their prices were reasonable for the amount of options they offered in each package. The champagne toast being included along with appetizers were a big plus. The late night pizza was amazing and everyone was so excited for it. People raved about the food and it was much better than our tasting. Definitely get the pasta primavera. So delicious!
    They also were very flexible with my rehearsal time and date when a last minute change had to be made.

The only cons I can think of is that they didn't give much direction where were good spots for pictures and that when we went to taste the food with our parents, it was not the best.

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Bree

Bree · Married on 06/16/2018

0.4
      0.5

So disappointed in this place. We were told we wouldn’t have golfers until the way of the ceremony and they were putting all over. We could only have he bridal suite after a certain time which is quite silly to me. It was dirty not to mention when we arrived there! Things were picked up or vaccines since the last group of people. There were servers that called my friends and family (the guests) animals..?? Wow. And you’d think after paying so much for a wedding, that they’d be able to set up centerpieces but no. Even a phone call with one of the workers said she doesn’t know if they can even put on chair sashes. Like you can’t tie a bow on a few chairs?? So my mom and I had to tie them all pre ties at home. All 140. The serves kept taking everyone iced and filled water glasses, like we were obviously drinking them and we kept having to go up to the bar to constantly ask for more water. It was ridiculous. AND the most annoying part.. was if we weren’t apparently on the golf carts immediately after the ceremony which we weren’t told.. then we don’t go out to the field to take our pictures bc of the “golfers” like oh so sorry for the inconvince of your golf game over our ONE and only big day.. like wow. That would have ruined our time with family pictures on the patio afterword which we clearly stated wasn’t happening... my bridal party ended up having and requesting to try to get out on the golf course and utilize the damn space we paid for. We ended up taking our bridal party and couple pictures at 8:30pm... in which then half of the guests had left at that point and messed up our entire timeline bc that was the only time we could go out. I wish I could say I had a good experience but I didn’t at all. Oh and not to mention also we couldn’t even get a rehearsal dinner ththat day before bc they already had something booked and to not even give us the chance to take care of that. Our server for our rehearsal ended up being bad too.. I am not a complainer but WOW.

Sent on 06/18/2018

• Clinton Township See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Fern Hill Golf Club)