Shelocta, PA 15774 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

2 Reviews for Fairman Family Farms

Terry · Married on 06/04/2016

in regards to the first review. We let couples decorate the day before the wedding We purchased a new tractor from Walkers equipment that had some mechanical issues they saw the tractor leave the farm knowing about the problem Walkers returned 4 hrs later with repairs made and the grass was completed that day this couple thought that they were exempt from following the agreement they signed that stated a bartender must be present to prevent underage drinking and over consumption of alcohol. This was the first time the caterer was at our venue and we declined her offer to eat but she insisted that we tried her food and she made up the plates for us and the food was delicious. I would like them to explain how the new bathroom faucet was broken before dinner spraying water every where luckily Lowes is close and repairs were made before dinner was completed. As far as moving the car the maid of honor felt that she could drive anywhere on the property with no respect for the couple for the next few weeks. Please check out our Facebook page. Fairman family farms barn and outdoor weddings.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Sara · Married on 05/14/2016

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

My experience with Fairman Family Farms was good up until the day of my wedding. They did not have the grass cut and tried to say that it was supposed to rain so there was no reason to cut it (we ended up having the ceremony outside and it didn't rain). When I signed a contract with them they were not living underneath the venue. I would have never booked it if i would have known that they would be living there and hanging around the entire time. They were there during my entire wedding and reception, just hanging out. The husband got into one of my bridesmaids vehicles and moved it without asking. The wife came into my reception numerous times to use the bathroom and also to snoop on us. We ended up leaving the reception an hour early because we were sick of them coming in and out of the venue. They yelled at my Mom (the mother of the bride) for not having a bartender, this was not her responsibility as she did not sign the contract. We had the proper insurance in case something would have happened so we did not need a bartender. They both came in to my reception and filled up a plate of food to eat.
    My wedding was wonderful and I did not let all of this ruin it but I would not recommend Fairman Family Farm in Shelocta, PA to anyone.

Sent on 06/10/2016