Fair Winds Farm

• Country Villa Inn Weddings
  • West Neck Village Hall

6 Reviews for Fair Winds Farm

Kayla · Getting married on 08/14/2021

I absolutely LOVED the farm for my wedding, and Betty (the photographer that works there) did my photos and she was AMAZING as well. I was nervous about the weather and about the ground for my wedding but it couldn't have come out better with the care from Chris. I had my ceremony at the north site I believe, right on the bay, it was perfect. My theme was rustic and the farm was perfect for it. We had pony rides for the kids, they recommended a horse and buggy ride for my ride to the site, and everyone said watching it was amazing. They also provided a hay ride for my guest to get down to the site. There was an amazing room for me and my girls to get ready at upstairs, and a nice area for the guys to hang out downstairs. They were open with decor, and we decided to have our wedding outside the barn under a tent, with a photo booth added in the barn, and a kids room, and a lounge area created with hay and fabric. We had a bon fire that they set up for us, and the guests LOVED it. The farm provided me with an amazing set up (a set of doors for an entrance to my ceremony, and an awesome arch). I couldn't have asked for more! Absolutely the best place I could have had my wedding at!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2012

We held our ceremony and reception at Fair Winds Farm on Knotts Island in Virginia Beach, VA. It is a working horse farm that does a couple of weddings a year, although I think they may be trying to increase this. They clean out the horse barn and the surrounding area and then we hosted the ceremony and reception under a large tent and in the barn. We had different food stations in various stalls. The bar was in a stall as was a photo booth and gift/favor table. Other weddings have actually made one of the stalls into a dance floor as well. Chris and Mike (the owners) were friendly and responsive. There are a variety of locations to have your ceremony on the farm. We rented a large double decker bus to get everyone out there since it is a haul from Virginia Beach and we didn't want to worry about folks drinking and driving. This is a venue that is sort of a blank slate where you can do most anything you'd like to it (in terms of style/decorations/"theme" etc). We played into the horse/barn theme using rustic, vintage, and homemade decorations but this could also be done very fancy or very casual which makes this venue awesome. There isn't much like it in Virginia Beach. They do have a stipulation in their contract that the farm photographer can and will follow your photographer around and take pictures of everything as well which I know from past experience will be a sticking point with most professional photographers who are often willing to share their work but not have someone else take credit for it. Other than this, Fair Winds Farm is a unique and beautiful location that allows for a variety of creative ideas to take shape into what will likely be an AWESOME wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2012
  • Delandra

Delandra Brokaw · Married on 10/02/2020

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

Gorgeous venue, perfect for a rustic wedding

When I first started looking for a wedding venue, all I knew is I wanted something on the water but I didn’t want to be on the beach. I randomly came across Fair Winds Farm in my research and immediately fell in love. I loved the options that were available to choose my ceremony and reception site, I loved the horses, I loved the barn, the water view, it was all amazing. None of the venues I looked at compared. After I toured it with my mom and fiancé, I knew that’s where I wanted it. I continued to look at some other places for about a week just to be sure but the views and location of this venue couldn’t be matched. Our wedding was October 2nd and it was perfect, the weather cooperated and everything looked amazing. My guests loved getting a hayride to the ceremony and sitting in an intimate area surrounded by trees, facing the water. The perfect picture spots were endless and the bonfire for s’mores was perfect. The owners of the farm were awesome, super friendly and welcoming and very helpful. The only downside to this venue is the requirement to use Premier Events as a day of coordinator, It was an additional $1500 and I was not satisfied with the service, but other than that, the venue is perfect for someone looking for a rustic country wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2020

• 6352 Knotts Island Road Virginia Beach, VA, 23457 See on map
    Location of (Fair Winds Farm)