About Anything But Gray Events

Creating Colorful Events for Creative Couples

I am the CEO and technicolor boss lady behind Anything But Gray Events. I specialize in bold, colorful, and imaginative celebrations for amazingly creative people. I believe that more is more and less is just … BORING. I’m an L.A native. Yes, we do exist! I am honest, passionate, straightforward, hardworking, and yes, a jazzy weirdo. Sequins and sunshine are in my DNA. My recipe for event awesomeness has been developed over 3 decades: my mother, Trilby, was a successful wedding and event planner so I grew up in the biz. On top of that, I have 18 years of stage management and improv comedy training, a tour of duty in culinary school and time in the trenches of the hospitality field. With a dash of sass, a hearty laugh and a splash of bright pink lipstick there you have it! ANYTHING but Gray.

I am NOT your average wedding planner. I don't wear all black or carry a clipboard. I think walkie talkies are for Boy Scouts in a makeshift fort and everything is better with a smile. I’m a snazzy extrovert with a get-it-done-and-make-it-look-easy strategy and a you-do-you-boo attitude. I am NOT trying to be the wedding planner for everyone. I want couples to look at my work and either say, "She is the ONE" or "WTF! No way, Jose!" Either option is perfectly acceptable. I have three Boston terriers, a very tall German boyfriend named Sebastian and for the life of me, cannot keep a houseplant alive. I love La Croix, selfies and Hanson. Judge me not. I told you: goofball and honest to a fault. That’s me, baby!

Our Philosophy is simple.  We believe all relationships, personal or professional, are based on mutual respect, positive energy and a healthy sense of humor. The world works best when we strive for Community over Competition and Kindness for All. We live and breathe by the team work motto, “Make Each Other Look Good”.

Anything But Gray Events is here to guide colorful couples through the creative wedding planning process with ease, enjoyment and good vibes. We are LGBTQ friendly and welcome all loving couples. We have the professional tools, know-how, resources, and years of experience that will save you time, money, and most importantly, your sanity! Using our wealth of talented vendors, venues, and trustworthy wedding contacts, we are able to connect you with everyone and everything you will need to achieve your unique vision and peace of mind. From mermaids to mini donuts walls, we really welcome it all!

There are no cookie-cutter weddings here. No way! Although, we do really love cookies.

Not only are we planners and idea organizers, but we are comrades and partners in this crazy journey. We take on only a select number of clients per year to ensure we give them the time, personal attention, and focus they deserve. We want to get to know you as individuals, as a couple and as friends. Cheesy but true! Anything But Gray Events IS creative design, planning logistics and event execution all wrapped up in a shiny, technicolor package!

Categories: Wedding Planner

Partial Planning (3)
Religious (3)
Civil (1)
Destination (1)

Holly has been nothing but professional and a great coordinator. We first met her at our event open house and we recommend her to all of our clients. If you are looking for a great wedding planner Holly is the perfect choice!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephen, 1/10/19, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I started looking for a wedding planner well in to my planning process when I started feeling overwhelmed and confused. I had never so much as been a bridesmaid, so I was worried my fiancé and I would run in to unanticipated problems or miss important details in contracts and invoices. Finding Holly was wonderful! When we spoke on the phone she was very direct yet compassionate, showcasing her expertise while also helping me feel confident! There were many complicated family dynamics to grapple with at our wedding and when Holly reassured me that she had seen it all and was prepared to help me navigate those hurdles I was sold! And when the big day finally came that was when Holly really shined. She had to negotiate with some strong personalities, and she did it all with great positivity and a smile the whole time! She also blew me away with how perfectly she prepped both the ceremony and reception space with very little time. It was her first time working with almost all of our vendors and you would have thought she had prepped our venue a million times, it was very impressive. I basically loaded up her car with a bunch of random DIY supplies and a couple of photos and with that she made our dream wedding come to life. She is also very active on social media and makes you feel celebrated and special every step of the way. I highly recommend Holly, but would suggest you go for the full-on start to finish planning package. I really feel as though we could have made better use of Holly's rolodex of vendors and skills had we brought her in much sooner. I think that is where you truly get the most value from a planner like Holly. She has such a great eye for design and so many amazing contacts that the sooner the better! I'll post a couple quick shots I grabbed off Instagram, but I'll definitely be posting more when we get our professional photos back.

Photo of Anything But Gray Events in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Joshua Tree & Palm Springs and Beyond!, CA
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lena, 3/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

Anything But Gray Events Pricing

Rocking Wedding
0:30 minutes
Nerd-Chic Wedding
1:22 minutes

What a great company to work with. We highly recommend them for your wedding!

I've had the pleasure of working with Holly (and her awesome Mom!) on several events recently. She's on top of things and has a fun personality that keeps everyone happy and alleviates any stress. Highly recommend!

Your thoughtfulness shows in everything you do. You put so much love and detail into everything.

Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Joshua Tree & Palm Springs and Beyond!, CA 91607   See On Map
323-842-3641 (phone)
Tuesday-Friday- 10am-6pm Saturday-Sunday- Events Days Monday- CLOSED Phone Calls & Meetings are by appointment only.
Anything But Gray Events is a wedding planner from California servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Los Angeles , Malibu, and and Santa Barbara. Anything But Gray Events is a professional planner that has been part of the California wedding industry since 2010 specializing in unique and stylized weddings for fun loving couples.