Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Events by Gina Harris

Gina Harris is one of the Washington, D.C. area’s premier event planners. With over ten years of experience, she plans, creates and produces exquisite weddings and all types of social events.

Gina’s enthusiastic personality and precise attention to detail, makes any client feel at ease. She creates a close relationship with all her clients and makes them her number one priority. Gina makes sure her bride’s dreams and visions are carried out from the beginning to the end.

Gina Harris has a B.S. in Education from Old Dominion University. She is an active member of the Association of Bridal Consultants. Gina also continually attends wedding and event seminars throughout the region to keep her updated on new trends, which keep her ahead of the competition.

Gina is happily married with four children. In her free time she enjoys zumba, tennis, and spending time with her family. She is also an active member of her church and participates in several charities.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Regions serviced: Washington DC

11 Reviews for Events by Gina Harris

Day-Of Coord. (2)
Civil (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)

I cannot recommend Gina highly enough! Throughout the entire process, she was responsive, enthusiastic, informed and helpful. During the wedding day and the day before, she went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and have things run smoothly. I knew I could always have confidence in her experience and her advice, and trust her judgement. She truly felt like the captain of our team and part of our family, and everyone spoke so highly of her work. Even when she was swamped, she took the time to answer questions, help me get scheduled and make our day 100% perfect!

Profile Picture Libby, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Gina came highly recommended by our vendor, Khimaira Farm. After working with her the months leading up to my wedding and on the big day, I highly recommend her as well!

Gina was such a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was very quick to respond to emails/texts and was available for phone calls whenever I needed to talk through something with her.

Gina also makes a point to meet with all her clients before the wedding which I really appreciated. My husband and I enjoyed meeting her prior to the wedding to run through the schedule and details in person. Gina provided us with new ideas and ways to make our vision come together at the venue.

The day of the wedding, I was confident that everything would go well with Gina's help! Gina was great at communicating with all the vendors onsite and keeping things on schedule.

Along with Gina's event planning skills, she is also a very kind person who is full of energy and always smiling. As we sat down for dinner the night of the wedding, Gina kindly offered to get us food from the buffet line and asked what we wanted from the bar. She really went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of and everything went smoothly!

Both of our families also raved about how well Gina communicated their responsibilities and roles during the ceremony and reception.

If there were any hiccups that occurred the day of the wedding, no one noticed which is much to Gina's credit for ensuring that everything seemed to go so perfectly!

Profile Picture Lindsay , 10/25/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Eco-Friendly

My husband and I weren't sure we could afford a wedding coordinator, or if we even wanted one. As the big day got closer, we committed to wanting the ease of a wedding coordinator to help with an unexpected situation: approximately 3.5 months before our wedding, our venue ended their contract with their caterer (which we were required to use). Talk about a doozy in trying to recreate all the work we had done with the caterer the first time around, and work with a new caterer (who happened to be new to catering). So of course, no brainer, we wanted a coordinator to handle all of that, help the caterer and venue figure out what needed to be done, and just have one single point of contact to communicate. Problem is finding someone in northern Virginia on such short notice, right in the heart of fall wedding season, that was available AND reliable. Luckily, we got an excellent referral about Gina, and she knocked our socks off!

She quickly got ramped up with our current situation at the time, asked us what kind of services we were looking for, and together, we laid our expectations for each other. Nothing bothers my husband and me more than passive aggressiveness, lack of commitment, slow response, etc. Gina was none of those things, and after a week of phone and email conversation, we were completely at ease with her, and feeling comfortable with how our big day was going to end up, especially with the venue and the caterer, etc.

Minus one miscue during the ceremony (which was quickly resolved and undetectable to anyone other than my husband and I), the whole night went off without a hitch. Everything was on-time, everyone was fed (which I hear rarely happens!), hydrated, and the end of the night was drama-free. I don't think we could have pulled off our wedding without Gina!! I have already refer her to friends with upcoming weddings. She will do whatever it takes to make YOU happy, while still maintaining a positive relationship with vendors. Amazing!

Profile Picture Shirley, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews

220x220 sq 1357317082002 shine4
220x220 sq 1357317084152 shine19
220x220 sq 1357317022551 jj010

2 ENDORSEMENTS
I had the pleasure of working with Gina at a gorgeous wedding at the Airlie Center. She was friendly, funny, professional, and cool under pressure, which are all outstanding traits for a wedding planner. The ceremony started on time and ran smoothly. Gina's talent, creativity, and personality make her the star Planner you're looking for!

They say that it's not a wedding without a mishap. I don't know who 'they' are, but 'they' have never been to a wedding or event planned and managed by Gina Harris. I've been to more than a few of the weddings Gina Harris has coordinated, including family members and friends. Everything simply seems to flow, seamlessly, from one memorable moment to the next. This isn't simply luck. It's the result of a tremendous amount of planning, coordination and effort. If you have a special event that needs to come off perfectly, Events by Gina Harris is the first call you should make. Whether a corporate function at the National Air and Space Museum, an amazing wedding with 200 guests, and yes, even a funeral or two, I've seen the end result that Gina Harris achieves. Simply Flawless. Finally, she is just a nice person. Easy to communicate with, bounce ideas off, or leave the details in her capable hands, Events by Gina Harris where you should put your trust.

P.O. Box 328, Catharpin, VA 20143   See On Map