Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Essex

Essex is Northern California’s hottest party band!
Made up of some of Sacramento’s best talent, ESSEX is sure to exceed your expectations. With over several decades of professional musical experience between it’s six members, ESSEX is known for their wide variety of music, amazing performance and ability to engage and entertain a crowd. Playing the best of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s 90’s and today, ESSEX will have you dancing all night long. ESSEX has played all over Northern California and can make your next event a memorable one!

Categories: Wedding Band

Vocals (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)

Essex played at our wedding over Labor Day. Finding a band for our wedding was one of the most difficult decisions we made. We wanted a great band that would keep the party going and not slow things down. Essex was the best band ever. Their mix of vocals and sounds was incredible. Once the party started, nobody sat down. The playlist they put together was incredible. It was songs you could dance to and knew all the words to. Grace was the best. I loved talking with her prior to the wedding and she did an outstanding job as our MC. We got so many compliments that it was the best wedding band anyone had ever seen. People are still talking about them. A direct quote from someone was "If you weren't having fun at this wedding, then you were doing something wrong." Thank you to Essex for giving us the party of our lives! Cannot recommend this band enough. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Is it possible to give a vendor 100 stars? If so I'll give all the stars to Essex! They are simply THE BEST! Essex played my sister's wedding in August 2014 and they were phenomenal. They are incredible perfumers and kept the crowd dancing all night long, and my sister got so many compliments on how fantastic they were. It is also a family tradition to have our grandfather who is a trumpeter play with the band during the first dance and father/daughter dance. Essex was so incredibly kind and accommodating about this at my sister's wedding, they learned both the songs in my grandfather's key and even set up a mini rehearsal with him right before the reception to ensure he was comfortable playing with them. My sister and parents received emails for months after the wedding to tell them how awesome Essex was. When I got engaged shortly thereafter I knew I HAD to book Essex. When our family and friends got my save the date shortly after my sister's wedding we had people tracking down my parents asking them if we were booking Essex again. When we told them we had they got so pumped! It built up the excitement for our big day even more with our friends and family.

Essex did not disappoint, they were AWESOME, once again!! They honored my special requests list and my do not play list 100%. I even threw a Maroon 5 song that I love on the request lists letting them know I didn't see it on their song list but thought I'd see if they knew it. They are so fantastic they learned the song just for our wedding! Plus they played with my grandfather again for the first two songs, they learned three whole songs just for our wedding, how killer is that?! Our guests danced all night long and had the best time all thanks to Essex! As the night came to a close my parents started telling people they wish they had another daughter so they could host another wedding and hire Essex as the band! If you are looking for the best party band, look no further!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Essex did an outstanding job at our wedding. They have a great mix of songs and their energy level was always high to keep the crowd going. I would definitely recommend Essex to anyone that is looking for a band to play at a wedding or other special event.

Profile Picture User3499271, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Essex Pricing

Reception Price Range (4 hours)
Peak Season: