Medford, MA 02155 Map · Phone number

About Emily's Makeup Designs

Emily’s Makeup Designs provides professional makeup services to clients with all needs. Whether you are looking to spruce up your everyday makeup routine, or looking for the perfect bridal makeup application for your special day, Emily will work with you one-on-one to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Emily prides herself in enhancing her client’s natural beauty, and always makes sure that the client leaves happy and absolutely radiant.

A few words from Emily, for the Bride...

your style

Being part of my client’s wedding is an honor, a privilege, and a tremendous responsibility. Sometimes I sit back and can’t believe I just did makeup on one of the most important days in a bride’s life! It’s an experience that is so rewarding, and this is why I do what I do. But your special day isn’t about me, it’s about YOU. Let’s be honest, sometimes vendors forget that. It’s simple really – you tell me a little bit about yourself, and I create a look to enhance your natural beauty. That’s it. My goal is to work WITH you, and throughout the months leading up to your wedding, that you feel 100% confident in my abilities as an artist, and more importantly that you will look stunning, and feel like YOU on your wedding day.

my approach

I believe that true beauty radiates from within. Sounds cheesy, but it’s true. My approach to makeup is making you look like a better version of you. No clown makeup here - just a clean, beautiful, sophisticated version of you. I’m pretty sure your fiancé wants to recognize you when you take that walk down the aisle – right? Your makeup is just as important as your dress – everyone will be looking at it. I will make a vow to you: That I, Emily, will promise to make you not only look, but FEEL gorgeous on your wedding day.

OUR relationship

Every bride is unique in her own way, and it is really important to me that we establish trust in each other every step of the way. When I arrive to do your makeup trial for the first time, all I ask is to keep an open mind and trust me. And let’s talk to each other about the makeup. From the start – I hand you a mirror. I will then proceed to tell you to look in that mirror as many times as you want during the application process. Why? Because you are the one wearing this makeup! If you don’t like something it’s my job to fix it, and I can’t fix it if you don’t SEE it. These are techniques that I use to build trust with you. For me, our relationship goes beyond client and makeup artist. I am going to be touching your face, meeting family and friends, exchanging money, and spending one of the most important days in your life with you. In summary, I take my job as your makeup artist seriously, and working together is the only way that both you and I will get what we want. And what we want is for you to look AMAZING on your wedding day!

Follow Emily's Makeup Designs on

do4a8431
rachelkbuckley1319

13 Reviews for Emily's Makeup Designs

Emily · Married on 07/27/2013

Emily is a bride's dream! During the planning process, she was so responsive and accommodating. She did TWO trials for me. Most makeup artists would (understandably) be annoyed but she was so sweet and made me feel as though it was no trouble. As for her talent, I mean, she's incredible. She did my mom's makeup and my mom said she had never felt so beautiful in her life. She looked it too! As for my makeup, she seriously made me glow. She really listens to your vision and then just makes it happen, but like better than you even imagined. And if you're considering airbrush - do it. Seriously, it's amazing.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/08/2013

Emily did my wedding day make-up as well as most of my bridesmaids (6), the MOB, and MOG. Everyone looked beautiful, both in person and in pictures that I've seen so far. They were all happy with their make-up and the sister of one of my bridesmaids even took Emily's card for one of her friends getting married this fall.
    When Emily came for my make-up trial, she was very accommodating and flexible with my availability (I'm an out-of-town bride). She looked at the pictures that I had, taking inspiration from those and my wedding colors. She assured me that my make-up would still look as great in June with my spray tan - and it DID! (I had my trial in December)
    Getting ready for the wedding day was a piece of cake, she maintained communication with me and even went out to buy my wedding day lip gloss so that I would have something to refresh my lips with after the ceremony and throughout the night. She arrived on time and worked quickly. She even took the time to put some make-up on my 3 year old flower girl so she could feel like one of the "big girls". She had a great personality and fit right in with everyone (there were a LOT of people in the bridal suite that day).
    The majority of my bridal part doesn't wear a lot of make-up on a regular basis and were concerned that they wouldn't look like themselves. Emily took this into consideration and she made everyone look like their best self, and not overdone. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about my make-up and Emily. Thank you so much Emily!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

I recently had my makeup done by Emily for a boudoir shoot that I did to surprise my future hubby with. Emily was referred to me by the photographer, so I emailed her. She responded very quickly with the info that I requested. She was flexible in the location and even met me over at the photographer's studio an hour before the shoot, which was awesome. The makeup was great and lasted all day long. I had it done at 11am and it still looked great at 8pm that night. I am thrilled with the way it came out. I didn't really give her any ideas, I told her I wanted something a bit dramatic and she definitely delivered. She is great and I would definitely use her again for future needs. If I was getting married in MA, she'd be doing my wedding!

Sent on 03/10/2013