2125 whiteoak cir, Norman, OK 73071 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Emily Avila Photography

A Norman, Oklahoma-based photojournalistic-style photographer, Emily Avila began shootings weddings while working as second-shooter, photo album designer, and studio manager for several private owned photographers. She has over 15 years experience as a photographer.

Over the past seven years, Emily has enhanced her craft to create beautiful, candid photographs through a "fly-on-the’ wall" working style. She captures your timeless memories of your special day.

She provides select clients with photography and Digital DVD’s for life celebrations weddings, graduations, birthdays, cocktail receptions, Quinceañera and other events.

Bookings are available locally for celebrations in Norman, Oklahoma City, Moore, and Edmond as well as in her hometown of Purcell, Pauls Valley, Wayne, Lexington, and Shawnee. (Locations outside of Norman will include a location fee)

She will fly anywhere to cover a funk party! (For an additional fee of course!)

Photojournalism, by its very nature, can’t be coached or staged. It means capturing the true essence of a situation by unobtrusively documenting what’s happening. This is our approach at Portraits By Emily. We let our subjects tell their own stories while we visually record them.

Emily Avila is a professional photographer based in Norman, Oklahoma. Services include photojournalistic wedding photography, executive portraits, senior portraits, family photography, modeling photography, Children photography, Couples, and more.

Follow Emily Avila Photography on

9 Reviews for Emily Avila Photography

Lily · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Emily and she did an amazing job . I highly recommend her . She was very professional , the pictures were amazing (better than I expected ) , she was on time and went above and beyond our expectations . We love our album!!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Christy · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I used Emily Avila Photography for our wedding and could not be more pleased with the outcome we received. Often, when people try to pose you and/or your family; you feel stiff and it's just down right akward but we didn't feel as such. The photographs were very high quality and I would definitely recommend her for not only weddings but other shoots as well. Very professional. Couldn't have asked for anyone better.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/13/2016

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER! She did a wonderful job. The photos turned out great! She met with me before the event to discuss what I wanted. I can't speak highly enough of Emily and her team. She was wonderful, really chill, funny, and professional, and reasonably priced. She captures the essence, very creative, detailed and knows her profession (very experienced).

Sent on 02/21/2017

• C.W. Photography OKC
    C.W. Photography OKC Wedding Photographers

Emily is simply amazing! She is savvy in every aspect of photography and can give you any look or style that you are wanting to achieve. 100% would recommend.

• Serendipity Nuptials
    Serendipity Nuptials Wedding Officiants

Words cannot convey the utmost respect and admiration I have for Emily Avila Photography. Their work is exceptional. They are the ideal professionals who provide the bride and groom with pictures of such stylistic elegance that they will cherish for the rest of their lives. Captures the moment to a "T". I would definitely recommend them.

• 2125 whiteoak cir Norman, 73071 See on map