As a French-American woman
I’m known for being
a true hopeless romantic, sensitive, sensuous, and a real people-lover
orn and raised in the Midwest
I’m known for being
warm, friendly, funny and extremely well organized.
I only shoot one wedding a weekend so I have an entire week before to prep and tie up loose ends for your wedding day. A true lover of the finer things in life, (I’m half French what can I say?) I know how incredibly important this special day is for you and I want to help make everything just perfect. I consider it an honor to be a part of your life-changing event.
Many of my clients become some of my closest friends so don’t be surprised if you see me cracking a joke with your dad, giving your mom a hug or jumping on the dance floor with my camera in hand to get a shot of gramma boogin’ to the good times! I just LOVE shooting weddings!!! - they ooooze with fun, romance and all the fairytale stuff we girls dream of!!
* 20 YR. VETERAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER: Shooting a "wedding" is NOT for "every" photographer. It can be VERY stressful if you don’t have enough experience, (you get what you pay for!). A one day wedding shoot is more than ONE WEEK’S worth of work if you want things to run smoothly and have a Plan B for everything! From consulting and pre planning to location scouting, shooting, printing, editing & retouching, and album design... it’s more work than most would imagine to do it RIGHT"!! ( see below:
" WHAT MAKES A GREAT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?" )
* AWARD-WINNING: Voted "Best Wedding Photograher Los Angeles," PDN Top Knots contest, etc..etc..
* HUNDREDS OF CLIENT TESTIMONIALS! see: http://www.eephoto.com/index.php/Testimonials/Testimonials.html
* PUBLISHED IN NUMEROUS MAGAZINES: Rangefinder, Brideworld, The Times journal of photography, Photographic mag, etc..
* TEACH & GUEST SPEAK "How to shoot weddings" w orkshops, WPPI seminars, etc.(see LEARNING CENTER on her website).
Elizabeth Etienne knows what it takes to shoot a wedding!! "
* ONE-OF-A-KIND ENGAGEMENT PHOTO SESSIONS: "Feel like a star for a day even if youre not!" Y ou’ve never looked better than you do right now…glowing in love! Shouldn’t this be captured on film? This is anything but a standard posed, hand-on-chin sort of session! This is a very special afternoon dedicated to creating some VERY unique, theme-oriented, romantic images of you two without the time restraints of your wedding day. These do NOT have to be images of you two dressed in your formal wedding attire. Think REAL creative, think "celebrity editorial magazine spread with a fine art twist!" Or… maybe vintage Ralph Lauren … the two of you running on the beach in blurred motion or ….??? Whatever we decide. It’s up to you! I am loaded with ideas and have plenty of sample images to show you. All SESSIONS INCLUDE: Extensive location scouting to confirm natural lighting conditions, art direction and theme conception, your custom idea file reference samples: (i.e. storyboard sketches, magazine tear sheets, etc..etc..)
YOU ONLY DO THIS ONCE!! THERE ARE NO "take-two’s"!! THE PICTURES ARE ALL YOU’LLL HAVE LEFT!!
WHAT MAKES A GREAT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER?
1) Listen carefully to all client’s needs and make suggestions where and when appropriate.
2) Create a PHOTO TIMELINE together with the bridal couples (allowing different groups to arrive in a staggered fashion ). This helps keep the day flowing and FUN & organized! Once this is done everything else falls into place!
3) Scout & review all locations extensively in advance noting the ideal areas for specific key shots with the photo time line in hand so the day of the wedding flows effortlessly.
4) Have a "Plan B" for everything just in case!!(what is it rains? What if they’re late?).
5) Be sensitive and understanding to the emotions of this special day, be a shoulder to lean on with encouragment and flexibility.
6) Arrive on time or early on the big day, dress respectfully and be totally prepared mentally, physically and emotionally for the long day ahead.
7) Maintain a calm & fun-loving attitude while simultaneously being technically and creatively proficient. Photographer should contribute to the entertainment, and ease of the day, not be an overbearing, intrusive, person.
8) Coordinate groups on a tight time schedule, (keeping the bride & groom from seeing one another of course!) while maintaining a courteous, professional, and entertaining attitude.
9) Having THE BEST, fail-proof equipment, numerous camera bodies, lenses, flashes, filters, film and batteries just in case one goes down. Know youre gear!
10) Having a team of skilled assistants as an extra set of hands to pass a lens, camera body or another roll of film FAST so a priceless shot is never missed!
11) Having a keen eye, sense of timing and confidence to jump in and grab a great shot or coordinate one to look beautiful.
12) Create amazing images that go FAR beyond the expected, ordinary, standard wedding photography - Create a touching, emotional, funny, sentimental images of your fabulous day!!
Hiring anyone less capable is taking a big risk. Afterall... all you have left after you’ve spent thousands are you pictures... shouldn’t they be the VERY BEST?
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 93% of couples
H · Married on 11/18/2005
We felt so blessed to have found such a talented photographer that puts so much passion into her work. Elizabeth Etienne is first class in the service and attention that she gave us on our big day and we couldn't have been more pleased with our pictures. She was a pleasure to have on such a stressful day. She kept myself and everyone in our wedding party at ease and smiling throughout the day. She is worth every dime spent and we couldn't be happier.Sent on 05/18/2008
Hedda · Married on 07/14/2002
Anyone that I meet who is getting married the first question I ask " Do you need a photographer?" I always hope they say yes so I can recommend Elizabeth. I think that says it all. She made our wedding day stress free with beautiful photos we will have forever. Worth every penny and more. Hedda Jason and Joel Kelly, married July 14, 2002 at Hotel Bel Air.Sent on 05/19/2008
Elizabeth Etienne Photography's reply:Hi Hedda: Thank you so much for writing me a review! I so appreciate your comments especially after all these years! Hope you and Joel are doing GREAT!!
Peggy · Married on 10/04/2003
Elizabeth is not just a photographer; she is truly an artist.Sent on 06/11/2008
Thank you, for choosing www.DesignBands.com as your source for quality Designer Wedding Bands. We are honored and always look forward to working with you. Please contact us if you should have any questions regarding our fine line of Wedding Band products and services... Sincerely, www.DesignBands.com 1-800-706-1106
Elizabeth has an absolutely stunning and unique style of wedding photography that I haven't seen anywhere else.