Reston, VA 20194 Map · Phone number

About Elegant Event Planning and Design

Elegant Event Planning and Design (Est. 2001) is an intimate firm with 2 professional planners. There is absolutely nothing cookie cutter about us. We believe that each of our clients are individuals with different requirements. We take pride in being able to customize our services to meet the needs and budget of each individual. In fact, we do not offer packages. I (Lisa) meet with all of our clients, and personally spend the time needed to get to know them and their weddings.

All of our clients are equally important, whether "day of
" or "full event management". We take great care to make sure all of our weddings' are perfect. We encourage "day of" clients to contact us as soon as possible - whether it's a month prior or a year prior to your wedding day.

I work personally with each and every client. I will be the one working with you to plan your wedding and I will also be with you on your wedding day!

Most importantly, we go above and beyond for you and your family. We believe in going the extra mile to not only ensure a successful planning process and seamless wedding day - but that you and your family are happy and stress free.

Please take a moment to review the photographs and video that we have placed on our storefront. We believe that these pictures represent our style the absolute best. Make sure to visit our website and our blog!

I very much look forward to speaking to you about your wedding.

Lisa

Home wedding - cake display
Home wedding - cake display
Beautiful blue and yellow bouquet, with jewels
Beautiful blue and yellow bouquet, with jewels
We tied every single bow - 300 in all!

We tied every single bow - 300 in all! Photography by www.rodneybailey.com
We worked with Chef Duff to design the cake.

Photography by www.rodneybailey.com
We worked with Chef Duff to design the cake. Photography by www.rodneybailey.com
We worked with Ice Kristals to design the ice sculpture

Photography by www.rodneybailey.com
We worked with Ice Kristals to design the ice sculpture Photography by www.rodneybailey.com
Cocktail hour draped in Pink.

photography by Kea Taylor - Imagine Studios
Cocktail hour draped in Pink. photography by Kea Taylor - Imagine Studios
A wedding on the beach.  A sand ceremony set up

Photography by Kea Taylor - Imagine Photography
A wedding on the beach. A sand ceremony set up Photography by Kea Taylor - Imagine Photography
Reception set up.  We rented all linens and napkins and tied all sashes

Photography by Kea Taylor...
Reception set up. We rented all linens and napkins and tied all sashes Photography by Kea Taylor...
Candlelight ceremony - Altar arrangement

Photography by www.paulvphoto.com
Candlelight ceremony - Altar arrangement Photography by www.paulvphoto.com
Custom designed silk gown - Massachusetts wedding.

Photography by...
Custom designed silk gown - Massachusetts wedding. Photography by...
Simple decorations at the end of the pews - Massachusetts wedding

Photography by...
Simple decorations at the end of the pews - Massachusetts wedding Photography by...
Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens - Richmond VA
Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens - Richmond VA
Light filled reception - Richmond VA
Light filled reception - Richmond VA
A beautiful Walters Wedding.

Photography by lovelifeimages.com
A beautiful Walters Wedding. Photography by lovelifeimages.com
A ceremony at the Walters.

Photography by lifelifeimages.com
A ceremony at the Walters. Photography by lifelifeimages.com
A reception at the Walters.

Photography by lifelifeimages.com

photography by thomasgraves.com
Set up at the Belvedere. photography by thomasgraves.com

33 Reviews for Elegant Event Planning and Design

Eileen · Married on 09/05/2010

Lisa Nelson has the calm presence of a therapist and the organization of a NASA launch team. Her very reasonable fee was the best money I spent on my daughter’s wedding.

I was initially reluctant to engage a “day of coordinator,” believing myself to be a well-organized person who could accomplish the same thing. However, from the moment I decided to hire Lisa, I realized how much more smoothly everything would run and how liberated I would be from the pressures of directing things on the day of the wedding. With Lisa coordinating, every member of the wedding party was fully able to be present in the moment, and not looking at their watch or giving orders. Also, Lisa brought a wealth of experience that I lacked. She ensured that details I had not even thought of were covered. Her timeline brought order and calm to a very packed day by allowing adequate time for everything.

When difficulties and misunderstandings arose with our venue in the final two weeks, Lisa was an invaluable consigliore and go-between. I always knew she was on our side and would do everything she could to produce, in every detail, the wedding we envisioned.

Late in the process, we worried that we would need a replacement for our officiant. Lisa’s familiarity with clergy to provide interfaith weddings enabled us to relax in the knowledge that a back-up plan would be found if needed. (It wasn’t.) Three days before the wedding, we feared we would need a rental chuppah to replace the hand-crafted one the father of the bride had built. Once again, Lisa calmly devised a Plan B, which, happily, we did not need.

Although the service we contracted for is called “day of coordination,” Lisa provided so much more than that. In addition to directing the rehearsal with a gentle touch, responding immediately to scores of emails, interfacing smoothly with other vendors, devising a detailed timeline with room to breathe, and bringing breakfast to the wedding party, Lisa came to a dry-run at our home to learn how to set up our chuppah and brought her characteristic calm to the situation when unexpected problems arose.

Lisa provides a fabulous service in the most professional way possible. Her calm, low-key personality spreads serenity at a time of stress. I cannot recommend her services highly enough.

Sent on 09/09/2010

Carrie · Married on 07/24/2010

Lisa was the perfect wedding planner for the day of our wedding. We had purchased her services for "Event Direction" and she went above and beyond our expectations for those services she promised/contracted with us. She was always quick to respond to any question or concern we had, had the best professional advice, and was even an exceptional listener. I had a lot of reception set up details for her to follow the day of the wedding and I couldn't be happier with how amazing it all turned out! Our family all commented on how perfectly professional Lisa was. We couldn't agree more!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Julie · Married on 06/05/2010

I never thought I would use a wedding planner and now I can't think how I could have done it without one. Lisa is wonderful to work with. I was much to busy at work to spend hours calling and checking with vendors. Lisa handled all of that and always kept us informed-- and by "us" I'm referring to the entire delegation of people handling part of the wedding planning, my fiancee, my mother,my sister, and my venue manager. She was very calm, which was exactly what i needed. And, she handled every problem that arose (and they always do!)

On the day of, I didn't worry about anything. Lisa and Valerie were completely behind the scenes, yet kept everything running smoothly. We highly recommend Elegant Event Planning and Design.

Sent on 06/12/2010

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Elegant Event Planning and Design FAQ

• What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Military

• Rachel Smith Photography
    Rachel Smith Photography Wedding Photographers

Having a planner like Lisa is one of the best decisions you'll make for your wedding. She creates for you a wedding day with your ideas and must-haves but she does the hard work of searching out vendors to deliver what you want for your day. From a photographers perspective, her designs are gorgeous and make a room really feel like a unique space for your event. She makes people feel so comfortable around her and I instantly felt like a friend rather than just another wedding vendor. I look forward to working again with Lisa and her team!

• Terry Marshall-Pianist
    Terry Marshall-Pianist Wedding Bands

You can't go wrong with Lisa and Elegant Event Plannig. They are clearly one of the most capable and detail oriented teams in the bussiness

• MyDeejay
    MyDeejay Wedding DJs

Lisa is a fabulous planner and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! We've probably done a dozen weddings with her over the years and her execution and attention to detail are flawless. We definitely highly recommend her!

• Reston, 20194 See on map