1444 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003 Map · Phone number

About Eikon Photography

Hello and thanks for visiting. If you have a few moments please visit my website too!
I specialize in modern, fresh, and inspired images. It's documentary, unobtrusive and non-invasive. After 15 years photographing weddings, I've photographed clients of every religion, nationality and sexual orientation and it's my flexible open-minded approach to weddings that make me approachable and honest. I have a relaxed working style that captures both candid and formal moments, blending my artistic vision with the creation of family memories. I'm originally from London, am fine art trained. I travel locally and internationally.
What don't I have?
Gimmicks - I like to keep things simple, flexible and fun
Complicated packages …… you pick the services and products that work for your wedding and your budget. You get the high resolution digital 'negatives' so you have control
Grey hairs ….. okay well just a couple !

"The most important component of a camera is the 12 inches behind it"
- Ansel Adams

wedding262a
88d5245dc8d91c43 1206732731276 031copyA
031copyA

28 Reviews for Eikon Photography

We hired Karen to do our wedding. We were very happy with the photos. You really only need an handful of great wedding photos and we got more than that. We were very pleased with the photos. I will say that I was a bit worried after the wedding as she didn't share/show us one single photo that day. So we were blindly waiting a couple weeks to see how they would turn out. She also is a bit strong-minded with her art. We suggested photo backdrops around DC we wanted and she wasn't that open to it. But gotta give her credit as she did pick great spots for our photos. She knows what she's doing.

My only wish is that I got more individual photos and a couple more group shots. The three hours went by in a blur and I was left wanting more when it was over. I would recommend having a discussion with her prior to the ceremony detailing exactly what photos you want, and then having her put together a proposed shot list. We didn't have much of a discussion before hand--I liked the photos on her website and decided to go with her. Our only conversation was mostly around the contract and the meeting time/location for the big day. Since we weren't local, we met her the first time as we were getting out of the limo at the ceremony. As a result of not giving her our clear expecations/wish list, we did miss out on getting some of the photos we wanted. But there are plenty of other good ones to make up for that.

Sent on 11/30/2014

The wedding was a wonderful day, and the photographs caught the magic of our wedding. Karen Sayre was a patient photographer, who put our family at ease when the group photos were snapped. During the rest of the wedding and reception, she was almost invisible as she blended into the background to get the candid photos.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Our sales manager needed new product photos for a new launch, and a receptionist recommended her wedding photographer, Karen Sayre. We are very pleased with the results and we would be happy to continue using her services when our company requires a new photos.

Sent on 10/30/2013