Rutherford, NJ 07070 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36

About Eclectic Unions: Life-Cycle Celebrant Jessie Blum

Your wedding ceremony should reflect who you are - your love & your relationship. Let's work together to make your wedding ceremony into a truly special day that you will never forget!

I will create a ceremony that embodies the love and passion of your relationship, while still capturing the individuality and personalities of both parties. I take elements and rituals from your backgrounds and weave them into your love story to create a unique ceremony just for your wedding.

Of course, this is your wedding, and you have the ultimate control. I will create this unique ceremony based on the parameters you give me. All traditions and backgrounds are accepted and honored. The possibilities for the ceremony are nearly endless! I can also suggest rituals or ceremonies to include if you are looking for ideas, as well as help you with your vows, and readings. I act as your partner and guide, offering my expertise, experience, and guidance to create a truly original and very special wedding ceremony.

The ceremony will be original, touching, and beautiful, and one that you, as well as your family and friends, will remember forever.

I am a Life-Cycle Celebrant® and non-denominational minister, and can legally solemnize marriages and civil unions in New Jersey, and marriages in New York City and New York State.

I do not practice or preach any specific religion or spiritual beliefs, and the ceremony's religious and spiritual content (or lack there-of) is very much guided through your input. We can discuss options for what you would like to include.

The central theme of the ceremony will be your love story; the original tale of what events have brought you both to where you are today. Indeed, your wedding is just the beginning of this story, and I would be honored to help guide you into this next chapter.

To learn more about creating your own unique wedding ceremony, please contact me or visit my website!

I also offer elopements / quick weddings on short notice.

ec·lec·tic
Selecting or choosing from various sources. Not following any one system, but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems.

un·ion

The act of uniting two or more things.

Follow Eclectic Unions: Life-Cycle Celebrant Jessie Blum on

lt
DSC9399
Stole
Eclectic Unions: Life-Cycle Celebrant Jessie Blum
Beautiful wedding at the Highlawn Pavilion.
Beautiful wedding at the Highlawn Pavilion.
megdavid
NickAllie

• Videos 1

117 Reviews for Eclectic Unions: Life-Cycle Celebrant Jessie Blum

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I found Eclectic Unions through TheKnot.com website. I had been raised by a Jewish mother and a Catholic father and my husband was raised Catholic. However, what mattered most to us was being able to have a ceremony that represented ourselves as a couple - lovers of all faiths and people. Jessie was able to offer that exact experience for us. We were so impressed by Jessie's warmth and creativity - when we first met her for coffee, we felt as though we had known her for years! Jessie created a ceremony that permitted us to utilize Jewish and Catholic traditions, as well as excerpts from our favorite music and literature.

After our ceremony, multiple guests shared their feelings that the ceremony was the most beautiful and unique they had ever witnessed. They also asked us if Jessie was our friend - we told them she was not originally, but she certainly did become one.

You cannot go wrong with Eclectic Unions!

Alyson · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and it is all because of Jessie and her amazingness. She was not only a wedding officiant but our friend throughout the entire process. She took the time to get to know us individually and as a couple. She crafted a beautiful ceremony that our families and guests are still talking about. She coached us through the entire process and was a huge source of wisdom and comfort throughout the entire thing. I could not have had my wedding without Jessie! I'm also happy to say that I gained a very special friend as well!

LIA · Married on 06/17/2016

We couldn't have been happier with our choice to pick Jessie as our celebrant. She was extremely professional, yet very personable, from day one of our first meeting. We wanted a non-traditional, but very personal ceremony, which was exactly what she gave us. Everything was absolutely perfect and exactly what we wanted! Even our guests praised how great our ceremony was! If you are looking for a personal, non-cookie cutter ceremony, the type of ceremony that fits your personality, the type of ceremony that truly reflects you as a couple...you must hire Jessie. She is the best of the best.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Eclectic Unions: Life-Cycle Celebrant Jessie Blum FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 800.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 700.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 150.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? NJ, NY

• Allebach Photography
    Allebach Photography Photo Booths

Jessie puts together the best ceremonies I've seen. She is my recommended officiant!

• Creative Unlimited, LLC
    Creative Unlimited, LLC Wedding Videographers

Jessie creates a unique and special ceremony for all her clients. I met her while filming a beach wedding for one of my clients. She was very friendly and helpful to us, which is always appreciated, and she told the story of the couple and how they met. It was a very sweet and intimate ceremony, and I know the couple was very happy with her. When I got married I knew I wanted to have her officiate the ceremony. She explained her process, gave us some homework to do and then provided us with her script for the event, so we could look over it and make any edits. She provided some great options for readings, from religious to non-religious, from stories to poems to monologues from films. My wife chose something from sex in the city, but it was great to have her share our story with our guests. She's the only officiant I recommend. I've seen some do the same thing over and over and over, but her work always feels fresh and unique. You won't be disappointed with her services and should definitely consider Jessie for a more personalized ceremony. She's just a great person to have be a part of your day.

• LOVE + WOLVES CO
    LOVE + WOLVES CO Wedding Photographers

jessie was an absolute joy to work with! i would recommend her to any couple looking for a flexible, personable and professional celebrant. i look forward to working with her again in the future.

• Rutherford, 07070 See on map