Nearby Vendors to Consider

About DWRI Letterpress

DWRI Letterpress is based in Providence, RI and specializes in finely crafted letterpress invitations. Whether you're looking for a single printed piece or multiple part wedding suite, we can help you realize your ideal invite! In addition to working with graphic designers, we also offer in house design serives and assembly services if requested.

We also offer foil stamping, die cutting, and custom printed pencils which are the perfect favor. Contact info@dwriletterpress.net to request a quote or to schedule a shop visit.

Categories: Wedding Invitation

Regions serviced: Providence

Follow DWRI Letterpress on

2 Reviews for DWRI Letterpress

4.7

I really loved working with Dan. My husband and I wanted to design our own invitations and then fell in love with the costly letterpress invitation. We went to visit Dan in his letterpress studio and he was so much fun to work with. He had so many ideas of what we could do with the different pieces we had brought in. Having looked up letterpress invitation suites through online companies, I found his pricing to be quite reasonable for letterpress invitations done right to our specs. I was very happy with the end result. And they came in earlier than he had said! Part of the appeal of letterpress is the handmade quality of it. They felt handmade and elegant.

Profile Picture Margarita, 4/3/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I live in Providence, but my wedding was in Tucson, AZ (where I grew up). Because of this, most of the vendors that I used were local to Tucson. However, I wanted to have my invitations printed closer to home, and I knew that I would be able to find a good letterpress printer in Providence. I chose Dan at DWRI Letterpress because he prints for Tiny Showcase, and I am a fan of their small, high-quality letterpress prints.

My now husband and a good friend of ours designed the invitations and RSVP cards, so they needed some guidance from Dan about what sizes would work and what envelope sizes would be available. This took a lot of back-and-forth, and Dan was always very patient with us. The end result was exactly what we wanted - a beautiful, unique invitation made by a local printer! The printing was done very quickly - quicker than was quoted!

The only nitpick I have is that the green ink on some of the invitations (they are two colors, green and grey) is a bit off-register; however, this occurred on very few of them and is something that is to be expected when dealing with a small company. The cost of these was also pretty high, but, again, that is to be expected when using a small business.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/10/09, 12 Reviews

220x220 sq 1421336074042 p1020761
220x220 sq 1421336078957 p1020750
220x220 sq 1421336086521 p1020550

1 ENDORSEMENT
Dan Wood and his crew are as good as it gets. We call him the Fairy GodFather of letterpress because he has always been there for us and has taught us so much. Dan is truly dedicated to his craft and has earned tremendous respect from the community and his clients because of the outstanding work that he continues to produce. He has definitely set a high standard that we continue to strive towards, and it is an honor to know someone as talented and hard working as Dan. Thank you for showing us how ink and paper can become something magical when combined!

40 Rice Street, Suite 1, Providence, RI 02907   See On Map