Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

116 Reviews for Dream Cakes

Private Tastings (8)
Cake Stands (7)
Groom's Cake (6)
Fresh Fruit (1)

Dream Cakes, Inc. did a beautiful job creating the perfect cakes for our wedding! Despite having our wedding immediately following Hurricane Harvey, both of our cakes were delivered and looked absolutely perfect! Everyone at our event was raving about how wonderful the cakes were, and how beautiful they looked (prior to being eaten, of course). Our wedding colors were red, white, and blue, and the wedding cake that was made looked absolutely gorgeous. Our groom's cake was a Renault Twingo (a European car), which looked like an exact replica of my husband's first vehicle! Would highly recommend Dream Cakes to anyone in the greater Houston area and beyond for affordable, delicious creations for their event!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake

I was so excited to use Dream Cakes for my August 5, 2017 wedding because of the great reviews. The woman who owns it, Edit Faris, told us that she bakes her cakes fresh and doesn’t freeze them, which makes them moist, which is why we wanted to use Dream Cakes as our cake vendor. She offers to bake her couples a fresh anniversary cake if they leave her a review online. The cake was beautiful, but my grandma, mom, husband and I tasted the samples in her house and we are so disappointed with the cakes she sent to our venue for the wedding and even more upset that we spent so much money on cakes that were so dry. I didn’t see one person finish his or her piece of cake, and many people complained about how dry it was. At least 3 people asked me if the cake had been frozen beforehand, and 1 person told me it tasted like a cake that had been frozen for a month. My husband, mom, and I talked to Edit the day after my wedding. She was very defensive and repeatedly said she found it hard to believe. She admitted to refrigerating the cake, so maybe that is why it was so dry. When I told her I would be reviewing our experience online, she “warned” me about slander. We asked for a refund; Edit offered to send us a 50% refund check in the mail, and we agreed to that. It is now September 9. We have received no check. My mom left her a message during the third week of August. She has not returned the call. My sister talked to her on August 24. Edit said that she sent the check a day before. We have an audio recording of the conversation. I gave her over a month to refund our money. The only thing that I can do now is share my story with other brides. I’m not sure if the cakes being so dry was a fluke, but telling us she was going to send a half-refund of the cost of the cakes and then not following through made the experience twice as bad. Regardless of the cake quality, the customer service alone is enough to warrant warning other brides about this business.

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Edit provided the cake for our wedding on 7/16/16. We tried several wedding cake options, and even though this was not the cheapest, it was worth every penny. The flavors were by far the best. For instance, the strawberry cake actually tastes like strawberry, not boxed cake mix. The icing was perfectly sweet. The design was exactly what we had requested. The cake on the day of the wedding did not disappoint and confirmed we had made the right choice.

Profile Picture Jenny, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews