8 South Main St, Port Deposit, MD 21904 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Down South Delights,LLC

We are pleased to be the area's only boutique style catering company. At Down South Delights we specialize in exquisite cuisine and fabulously styled events. Whether your event is a corporate affair or an ornate wedding reception , our staff will create a masterpiece fitting of the occasion. Owner and executive chef, Rita Rowland creates custom menus for each event based on the customers personal dreams and ideas. We will be happy to setup a consultation to discuss your event and plan the perfect menu that will reflect your fabulous taste.

Rita is originally from Kentucky where she learned to master southern cuisine from her great grandmother & aunts heirloom recipes. While in college she worked as a pastry chef at upscale restaurants, studied authentic Creole/Cajun cooking in southern Louisiana, and spent time in Appalachia working under one of the area's premier experts on old southern cooking methods. After receiving her B.A. in International Business, Rita attended culinary school and earned her A.A. in Culinary Arts & Catering. She opened her first catering company in 2003, Down South Delights. DSD soon became the sought after caterer in Nashville, TN & Kentucky. In 2013 she moved to Baltimore where she resides with her fiancé and their pets. Rita has won over 45 awards for her cooking & recipes, she was featured monthly on Midday Live in Kentucky and has cooked on Talk of the Town in Nashville, as well being published in Taste of Home, Perfect Wedding Guide, and an array of culinary & wedding blogs.

Unlike other large catering companies, Down South Delights only handles your wedding during the weekend. This allows us the ability to customize and focus only on your special day. This is our pledge to you, the most important day of your life will be treated as such!

Areas we serve: Wilmington, Newark, Southern Pennsylvania, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Delaware, Washington D.C., and all areas of Maryland within 2.5 hours of Baltimore. Our main office is located conveniently off I-95 in Historic Port Deposit.

**If your event location requires an approved vendor let us know and we can schedule an introduction.

We are fully insured and licensed.

150squaretileA 5B1 5D
150squaretileA 5B1 5D

65 Reviews for Down South Delights,LLC

• Cosmelitia

Cosmelitia · Married on 06/23/2012

There are no words to express how wonderful Rita's staff was to us and our guests. We had over 500 in attendance ... All I can say is that everyone loved the food and the beverages ... especially the fruit tea. It was important that the fruit tea be a hit because it was my deceased mother's signature beverage. She made fruit tea before fruit tea was a popular drink and everyone loved it ... People were happily standing in line for the refill of the tea and the food.

Also, the extra spent on the wedding night basket and cake cutting service was well worth it!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Lindy · Married on 06/02/2012

Rita at Down South Delights was a pleasure to work with. She offered a lot of different catering packages for us to chose from within our budget. When compared with many other caterers in Nashville, she offered us the most food for our money. We scheduled a taste test where we discovered that the food was delicious which was surprising since the price per person was low compared to other caterers. Everything flowed smoothly on our wedding day with the food and I am so happy that we found Down South Delights!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Tulin · Married on 11/11/2011

Down South Delights lives up to its name. Rita has the necessary Southern charm and sweetness to do so. Upon meeting with her for our tasting, we were sold. The food and drink was amazing. We bragged to our guests months prior to the wedding about how good it was. And she didn't let us down one bit. The food was so amazing that our guests made multiple trips as if it were Thanksgiving Day. We had 30 people not show up and STILL barely had food left over!

Great food aside, Rita went one step further. Her sister created a custom peacock feather display for the table that quickly became the topic of conversation among the guests.

Rita should be the most sought after caterer in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.

Sent on 11/29/2011

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Down South Delights,LLC FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 35.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 16.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 32.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 18.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, French, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Open Bar, House Wine, Champagne Toast, Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Down South Delights,LLC 1
    Free Mini Dessert Display for 2011 Brides!!!!
    Mention you found us on Wedding Wire and get a FREE mini dessert display at your reception when you use Down South Delights for your catering. A $200 value our mini dessert display includes your choice of banana pudding shots, mini gourmet cupcakes, caramel apple cobbler bites, and many other choices. A great addition to your wedding cake and so much fun for guests!

• Creative Designs & Events
    Creative Designs & Events Wedding Planners

I recommend Down South Delights to all of my brides. I feel their food is the best in Nashville. I have worked with Rita and her team on several events and I have never had a problem with them. I feel like I have high standards for my brides and I never have to worry that Down South Delights will not rock, every event they cater. Trust me you will not go wrong with Down South Delights, they are the best!!

• Signature Cakes by Vicki
    Signature Cakes by Vicki Wedding Cakes

Sometimes the feast for your wedding doesn't have to be lobster and hand cut spring lambs chops. Sometimes it needs to be "down home." Down South Delights is the right blend of delicious and comfort.

• A Magical Affair
    A Magical Affair Wedding Planners

Rita and her team are amazing! I not only love the food but I love the presentation of the food every time! I look forward to working with her on many many more events!

• 8 South Main St Port Deposit, 21904 See on map