San Francisco, CA 94123 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,000
Availability Check your date

About Dorothy Hatchel Photography

Here at Dorothy Hatchel Photography we have a dedication to detail, in not only the imagery we create but in the care of our clients. We are a husband and wife team with a zest for life, love and photography.

Our signature is photography refined; photos in their purest form, using natural light and a distinct perspective. We preserve your memories of how things were, capturing the essence of the moment.

Dorothy's background is grounded in special effects for film and she worked at the Oscar winning Industrial Light & Magic studio. Inspired by her own wedding, she decided to leave the world of special effects and pursue her passion for photography.

Jeff is a lighting technical director with over 10 years at Industrial Light & Magic. Some of his recent work can be seen in the latest Star Trek and Terminator 4 movies.

Let us impress you. Reserve your date with us today. Packages begin at $3000.

8f99
DorothyHatchelPhotography001
2b 8fa3

19 Reviews for Dorothy Hatchel Photography

Tina · Married on 10/15/2011

When I was looking for a photographer for our wedding, I wanted one who could capture the real emotions and beauty of our special day. When we first met her we could immediately tell that she was incredibly attentive - listening to what we wanted out of our wedding and quietly observing how we interact as a couple. When we shared with her our wedding theme, Eat Play Love, she got really excited. She went above and beyond to bring in our wedding theme and creativity into our engagement photos - so much so that we spent almost three hours just shooting away and having fun together (at no extra charge). We absolutely loved how these photos turned out since she captured our fun, playful spirit as a couple. As for our wedding photos, they turned out amazing! I had come down with pink eye the week of my wedding and she was able to photoshop all the photos so no one could tell! She also took great photos of our family and guests - capturing those special, magical moments as they occurred. We truly could not have imagined anyone else being our photographer for our special day!

Sent on 01/08/2012

maggie · Married on 08/20/2011

Luckily my husband and I found Dorothy for our wedding ceremony in SF city hall. She is AMAZING!!!! She not only listens what we need, but gives us her thoughts as well. She is a well prepared photographer. We just received our finished photos last night and I love every picture she took. Dorothy also made a 2 minute highlight video, very impressed.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Sandra · Married on 08/06/2011

Dorothy was the best photographer we could have asked for. First of all, she was kind and excited about our special day. It surprised me so much that she took the time to memorize an 11 page questionnaire that she asked me to fill out about family members and everything including the who, what, when, where, how, etc. of the wedding. This proved to me that my wedding was not just another wedding and that she understood m taste and the way I do things is different from other brides. This was a HUGE selling point for me. In regards to her work, she is EXTREMELY gifted. Pretty much any photographer can do a good job photographing your family and friends and the feel of an event. However, there are not very many photographers that can take engagement pictures or wedding portraits the way that Dorothy can. If you are looking for BEAUTIFUL lifetime memories to be put on your walls and shown to your kids in your married future, hire her. She is worth it!

Sent on 11/16/2011

• Va de Vie Events
    Va de Vie Events Wedding Planners

I had the pleasure of working with Dorothy Hatchel for a gala at the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco in November 2008. She was very professional, easy to work with and went above and beyond the call of duty. The photos she took have a photojournalistic, elegant style. She captured the essence of the event beautifully and I would recommend her to photograph any special event or wedding!