240 W King St, Shippensburg, PA 17257 Map · Phone number

About D'Lish Bakery

D'Lish Cake Co. offers the finest in wedding cake design and all occasion cakes. We'll cater to your wedding, birthday, anniversary, graduation, baby shower, or bridal shower needs.Break from the traditional and
make your special event memorable!

Follow D'Lish Bakery on

dlish logo
wedding6

3 Reviews for D'Lish Bakery

Jamie · Married on 07/02/2011

The cakes were amazing! We received so many compliments from guests and the set up of our cupcake wedding cake was beautiful!!!!!!!!! Job well Done:)

Sent on 08/08/2011

Kathleen · Married on 10/03/2015

1.0

I was extremely excited to work with them. I made sure to tell them exactly how big I wanted my cake, how many it was feeding, design, flavor, etc. I waited a month since I heard nothing back on social media. I asked again for a price on the cake with the specs I provided them. They would respond back with vague answers instead of telling me what I asked. "What is the price?" I was told, look on our website. This is from the website: "Pricing may increase due to the complexity of design and time involved in realizing the artistic vision. We are happy to work within your event budget and encourage you to contact us for a design/tasting appointment so that we can discuss your cake order in person. We feel meeting with someone face-to-face and getting to know their ideas is the best way to plan a spectacular cake!" So more or less, they just beat around the bush, knowing that the provided info on their site was vague and after I provided pictures and specs of my cake, they still would not answer my question, as I was calling different bakeries to see what was the best for my budget. But what really took the cake (pun intended) was after I messaged them yet again, asking, price please? And I said something to the effect of why are you not responding. They responded by saying "why haven't you responded? It's been over an hour". I was stunned. Obviously being directly rude and condescending towards a potential customer who only wanted an answer. Then they proceeded to tell me that they don't sit on Facebook all day. Not even taking into account I had been getting the run around for 6 months. I have the pictures of our messages to prove the timeline and rudeness. I will not ever patronize their business, even if they were the last bakery in town and I needed a pastry or sweet to sustain my life. It wouldn't happen. They are just awful and depressing. Undoubtedly the rudest, uncaring individuals I've encountered in a what should be a customer oriented line of business.

Sent on 10/07/2015

1.0

Brides beware We were working w a lady from here for months. When I went to place my order I got an email that the lady was no longer w the bakery. Ok no big deal, but then they told me I was misquoted n were rude to me, making me feel like I was in the wrong even though their employee gave me the incorrect info. They agreed to stick w the prices I was originally told until I went to drop off a cash deposit n a pic of a cake design I liked. We only wanted a small cake but I only found a pic of a large cake so I wrote on the pic 6 inch so they would know I wanted something like that but smaller. The owner told me she didn't understand why I gave a pic of a large cake when I was ordering a small one. I explained I liked those colors n that design I didn't need it exact n still want a 6 inch cake that's why I wrote it on the paper The entire time the owner seemed annoyed w me so I was very quiet as I could sense some tension. I still gave her the $. I left without her thanking me for my business or any ?? about my upcoming wedding (I feel like through my entire wedding planning process vendors have asked if we are excited, where we are going on our honeymoon, etc, but not this place) The next day I got a call from the owners daughter stating that I was rude to her mom n accused her of not being able to read?! She said I was trying to get cupcakes for an unreasonable price. They said we should part ways and I can come in to get my $$ back. She said they know business is built on word of mouth n didn't want me to give bad feedback. I asked how this was any better--telling me they don't want my business 8 weeks before our wedding even though I've been communicating w them the last 5 months. She continued to argue with me. I finally had enough. Why deal w a vendor that doesnt want my business because of their mistakes!

Sent on 04/07/2015